Quote:

You're right greenhorn, YOU started the arguement when you first came on here with the whole thread to begin with. Anybody not worshipping the MP junk is a fool in your eyes.

You must be reading a playboy when your typing this cause you sure aren't reading the posts on this thread. Yeah I'm a real greenhorn after building 6 engines. I don't think there is anything out there to tell if someone is a greenhorn or expert doc.

Now I have been inputting and changing data into camquest for the past couple hours. The MP cams were a good line of cams to work around. Some of you were right that the 284 MP would be overcam for my 383. The 280 grind I had suggested before was right at where Comp cams is suggesting their line of cams.

The difference between the two is that comp cams has a shorter duration on the intake rather than have the duration the same for intake and exhaust.

The two cams Comp showed that would give me the best torque and hp numbers were the XE262 and XE268H. The XE262 would give me 380hp and 440lb. while the XE268H would give me 390hp and 430lb. So which would you guys go with? Torque or HP?

BTW the set up consisted of using a set of ported 346 heads, dual plane high flow intake, 750 cfm carb, 9.5:1 CR, and HP manifolds.

Last edited by DarkRunner; 07/06/09 03:51 AM.

Project War Bird: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed with air conditioning GY3 Curious yellow All original