Been a while since I have had anything to post on here. Every week we get rained out, and simply have not been able to get back to the track. Since the last time I was on here, we have made the following changes.
1. Bought a set of Hoosier Radials, 29.5x9xR15. These look a good bit taller than the old Hoosier Bias tires I had. These are also the lightweight radials weighing on 22 lbs each. Excited to try them.
2. Found we had a leak around the valley pan gasket. Once this was fixed, the idle became much more steady.
3. Bought an M-1 Intake. Putting it on tonight and hoping to improve from the Weiand Team-G I have been running.
4. Bought new 1/2 inch steel line for fuel. This will help me be legal at Commerce this weekend. Installing tonight. Safer and looks a lot better than 3/8 rubber line.
5. Going back to 100-112 octane fuel. We may not need it, but I do not want to worry about that right now.
6. Plugging any holes in the firewall this week
7. Moving the drive shaft loop forward to within 6 inches of the front to be legal.
8. Install new SFI roll bar padding
9. Bought a 2020 SFI Helmet
10. Installing the bottom submarine belt in my 5 point harness. Never run that before but I want to try it.

My wife and I decided to name the racing team "Blackdog Dragracing" after our dog Martin.

Lots done to the car. I just want to get in there and try it all out.

Still to come: (Probably not until the off season)
1. Bought and received TTI 2 inch headers. Waiting to put these on.
2. Pulled my Eddy heads off the 68 RR and took them to Marsh Performance to switch out the locks, retainers and springs. Need to figure out which set of heads to put back on the 68.
3. Still plan to rewire the car

I will post some pictures as we work on the car this week.

Next opportunity to run will be at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce this Friday night and possibly Saturday. Planning to run there and Brainerd several more times this season. Also plan to be at Piedmont Dragway on Mopar Day 9/12/2021 and Farmington Dragway for their Mopar Day on 10/16/2021.

1968 - 383 Roadrunner 4 speed street car, Dad bought new
1970 - 440 Roadrunner drag footbrake car 6.99 1/8th
2016 - Hemi RAM 1500 - Hauls all the toys
North Georgia / Central NC