Originally Posted by cspracer
I should also mention one area that has been difficult for me is tuning the Carb. I battle some degree of hesitation off the line from time to time and chase it by changing the jets. I can usually get the car right after two runs if I need to adjust the jetting, but I am sure this is an area I need to get better at, and ultimately find the root cause for the issue. I have changed squirters, pumps, adjusted the fuel level and the pump arms on the Holley. I still feel I have a lot to learn on the Carb.
You shouldn't need to change the jets to make it not bog or lay down off the starting line.
Two things can make the car bog or be lazy off the starting line, to rich or to lean. Most Dominator carbs have dual 50 CC accelerator pumps, way to much fuel through them will make it bog or load up the first ten to 30 ft. off the starting line, some of the later Holley Dominator have 30 CC pumps. What is the List number on your carb? It should be stamp with 4 small numbers on the top of the flange where the air cleaner sits if it is a early model and not a HP model scope
Do you have a weather station to race with? If not how about outside air temperature, humidity and barometric pressure information at the track?
Do you know about air density? If so do you remember or know how much it changes at the tracks you race at? The reason I'm bringing this up is you should not have to change the jet sizes unless the air density changes up or down by a 1000 ft. or more, lean it, smaller number on the jet, out one size if it goes up 1000 Ft, make it larger by one size if it goes down 1000 Ft. twocents wrench
I'm thinking the humidity back east will make a big difference on your air density, moisture molicules lean the air out, less water molicules make it better up scope
As already suggested work on what you have now until you can't make it go any faster before changing parts, focus on the starting line first to make it consistent and faster up
Keep us in the loop, we need more racers at the tracks up

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)