Originally Posted by MichaelF
Originally Posted by cspracer
The timing curve we are running starts out at 15 degrees and advances fairly quickly by 21 to a total of 36. I am running the second quickest springs in the distributor, so it should be ramping up to full advance by 2800 RPM. That is close to the rev level I am holding at on the line before I launch. (I am not running a transbrake and may not be consistent in this area yet, could be anywhere from 2200-2800).
I will have to test the blubbery thing next time I take it out.

I´d try 20° or even a little more initial with a limiter kit for the distributor. From my experience engines will idle cleaner, maybe this will reduce your bog. I´d also check the advance curve with a timing light, there are many variables and i would not rely on what the spring kit instruction say.

Michael
I agree with this. I would try 20 intial w/18 advance gives you 38 which should be a good starting point for an iron head lower compression 440. This may help with the slight bog you have. Did you change the rear brake hose yet? Put some jacks under the frame and let the rear drop to see if its too short. Have you had a chance to check the light throttle response[blubbery]?

America First!