Thanks for the advice. We will adjust the distributor in a similar fashion tomorrow. Seems like getting to the bushing is kind of tough, but we will get it.

Speaking of tough, every nut on this car is stuck! It took two of us way too long today just to get the old oil filter off. Ever notice how no one on Motor trend TV seems to have these issues?
So tonight we got the following done:
1. Installed the new front Wilwood brakes. They really look sweet.
2. Installed the new master cylinder.
3. Changed the oil. I am going with a K&N oil filter and Valvoline 10w-30 VR-1 Racing oil, along with some Lucas Oil stabilizer.
4. Set up the carb. Again, many things stuck. Removed the bowls and cleaned it up. Here are a few specifics about where we are going to start with the tune. Of course as mentioned before, this is a Holley Dominator 1050, and I know most everyone thinks it is too big for the car. But it is what I have for now, so this is my set-up:
Squirters are 31's. Back jets, 88 with extensions. Front jets 92. I adjusted the pump activation spring, as it was loose and turning the top nut did not change anything until I figured I had to hold the bottom to keep the whole thing from spinning. I have the whole carb set where I want to start with the tune, but again, I am always open to suggestions if something I am doing sounds way off.

I weighed the old brakes vs the new and it is 30 lbs off the front of the car. This is coupled with the fact that I have replaced the radiator, water pump and housing with aluminum, saving around another 30 lbs. That is 60 lbs off the front of the car. That does not include the weight the driver has lost in the past 6 months, getting back down below my old driving days weight by a few pounds.
Nothing yet on trying to make more power, but getting the carb and timing dialed in may help.

Tomorrow we still have a large list to tackle including:
1. hook up the brake lines
2. Bleed the brakes
3. hook up the proportion valve and set.
4. Adjust the valves
5. Install the valve covers and check for leaks.
6. Set up the distributor and set timing.
7. Re-Install the seat
8. Adjust new safety harness
9. Check MSD rev limit pill and set shift point on tac.
10. Make sure the tires are all full of air
11. Double check and adjust the accelerator cable
12. Final install of transmission cooler. We have run the lines, just not secured the cooler.
13. Cut and re-install exhaust turn out. This one got damaged as it was hanging too low and hooked the garage floor lip while backing up. I need this turn out to keep the exhaust off the shifter cable.

IF we get all that done tomorrow, we will load and head to Paradise Dragway on Friday for a good long test-n-tune session. If we do not make it, they are also open Saturday, or worst case would be next Friday.
IF the car runs ok and there are no issues, we will be at "Caffeine and Octane at the Drags" on 6/13 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. I would love to get in a few grudge races with some of those exotic drivers who think their $200K cars could smoke my Plymouth.

1968 - 383 Roadrunner 4 speed street car, Dad bought new
1970 - 440 Roadrunner drag footbrake car 6.99 1/8th
2016 - Hemi RAM 1500 - Hauls all the toys
North Georgia / Central NC