Originally Posted by cspracer
Yes it did feel good. Yes it was the passenger side!

I was surprised at how many Mopars were at the track last night. It was a small turn out in general, as they just started running Fridays this week and there is another track not too far away running Friday night TNT as well. Out of about 40 cars there, I am going to say there were 10 Mopars, 12 mustangs and a mix of other cars. good to see some other Mopar folks there. Most of them were Darts and Dusters. A few late model street cars as well.

So now that it is the morning after, here is my evaluation of the next steps.
1. I still have an issue with the back brakes even though it is minimized by the effectiveness of the new front Wilwoods. We are going to replace the flex line on the rears, and may still run all new line to them. Down the road I can see the next conversion kit to put similar disc on the back. I have learned we have to plan ahead these days if you want parts!
2. We have to find the solution to the valve cover gasket. I am not running any form of crankcase evacuation system such as SUM-1020-108 from Summit. Dad used to run one of these and I wonder if this would help?
3. The wiring of the car need to be fully gone through and cleaned up.
4. I am not 100% sold on the set up for the transmission cooler. Is this cooler enough? I am using SUM-331000. I have it mounted in the front right beside my radiator. I have a digital temp gauge I have not hooked up so we will get that hooked up. Not sure what temp I should expect to see.
5. Maybe consider putting a thermostat back in? Now that I have this new aluminum radiator it seemed like the car never got over about 160.

The engine paint is flaking off, and I am sure there are lots of bolts that got heated up last night good for the first time in a long time, so who knows what the bottom of my trailer is going to look like later today when I go to unload the car. No doubt later this year we will be pulling and going back through the engine. For now we will get all of the rest of the car up to the standard I want it to be so when we do upgrade the motor it is ready to run more HP.

I had the same problem on that side because of the tight fit of MSD dist. I ground a little notch on the valve cover to help clear the dist. Glue/ permatex the gaskets to the vc let it cure, then install on head dry and clean. I have the cast aluminum M/T valve covers. I used a flex hose for a 99 Ram because it is longer to compensate for the body lift. If you still have the factory hose it may have gotten pinched shut from the body lifting because its too short.
Any updates?

Last edited by carnut68; 06/08/21 07:02 AM.

America First!