Here is the progress and pictures from the last two night, both of which did not end until 1:30am.
We got the brakes in and installed them. That was most of Wednesday night.
Last night we ran all of the new brake lines. We installed an 18" pipe over the transmission and ran the line through it so we could keep the front passenger side line in tact and still meet NHRA rules. We bled the master cylinder. We set up the advance on the MSD distributor by changing the bushing and springs. We opted to use the blue bushing and a blue and lightweight silver spring. We will play with this more in the future I am sure. We changed the oil, and installed a new K&N oil filter. We went with Valvoline VR racing oil in 10w30. The old oil filter removal was ridiculously hard. Again, there is not anything on this car that is not stuck!

We are close to being ready to go to the track today, but not there yet. Me and the crew chief both get off work at noon, and if we can finalize a few things we can do the remaining last minute tweaks at the track. The track opens at 5:00, so we need to leave around 3:30 if we want to be there early. I will let you all know how it goes. With the changes we have made I am hoping to see the car go 7.05. We have removed at least 60 lbs. off the car, but I have never run this track so we will see what we can do.

new brakes 2.jpgnew brakes 3.jpgold filter.jpgnew lines.jpg
Last edited by cspracer; 06/04/21 10:24 AM.

1968 - 383 Roadrunner 4 speed street car, Dad bought new
1970 - 440 Roadrunner drag footbrake car 6.99 1/8th
2016 - Hemi RAM 1500 - Hauls all the toys
North Georgia / Central NC