We did change the brake line in the rear and they work better than ever now, so I am excited to go to the track with good brakes that I do not feel will be hurting my performance.
We adjusted the throttle cable to make sure it was fully opening and adjusted the screws on the pumps to take out any slack in them. I have not had a chance to run the car and do any other testing, as I am working on it in a neighborhood and do not want to bother any of the neighbors. I expect to get in several rounds of testing on Friday and hope to get the car weighed and get a good idea where we are now. Even though we made a couple of runs 3 weeks ago, I would not say we have had a good run to evaluate the car on. I am hoping that Brainerd will be a track prepped similar to what I am used to in NC. The tracks in NC are always very well prepped and honestly as much as I like the folks at Paradise, the track reminded me more of a no prep track, at least that Friday.

One other note, I have looked at the 1050 Dominator I have and the 1050 Dominator my dad has on his car, and even though I thought they were the same, they are not. Mine is a 8082-3 progressive 2 circuit, while his is a 8896, Soft progressive linkage, bigger jets out of the box (90 vs 84), 3 circuit and a 125-55 power valve vs my 125-65. Not sure how much of that matters but I was glad to find the original info on my carb. I intend to set it up similar to out of the box as a starting point for tuning on Friday. Will adjust the jets up a couple of sizes due to the spacers, until we try running without them. I don't want to change things too much, but I am hoping to see some 7.0's.

I will try upping the initial timing to 17 instead of 15 and go to a total of 38. It really seems to idle and crank well at 15 but we will see if the 17 helps.

1968 - 383 Roadrunner 4 speed street car, Dad bought new
1970 - 440 Roadrunner drag footbrake car 6.99 1/8th
2016 - Hemi RAM 1500 - Hauls all the toys
North Georgia / Central NC