Day - 2
Yesterday I actually found a Willwood Brake set for the front of my car in stock. It had black calipers, and I would have liked red, but I took it. Is supposed to deliver today. So here is what we did last night.
1. Removed all of the front drum brake assemblies. Cleaned up 50 years of grim and dirt.
2. Removed the valve covers, and of course broke both of them. We will need to adjust the valves later this week, so I went ahead and ordered new valve cover gaskets.
3. Took apart my MSD distributor. This is one I got from someone and I was not sure about the springs or the bushings. The colors seem to have faded badly, and so have my eyes. I have some bushings, I am guessing they are the black, blue and red. They actually measure roughly the following numbers. .371, .340, .308. Does anyone know what size is what color? What do you run in your set-up? We were assuming we should run the blue bushing (+21 degrees) and set the initial timing at 15 degrees for a total of 36 degree overall. Not sure what combo of springs to use. Any suggestions?
4. Removed the seat and ground off some sharper edges on the legs. My wife is having to repair some of the snaps on the seat cover and I installed a little extra padding.
5. Weighed the brake parts we removed. I will compare this to the new ones when they arrive to get an idea of how much weight we lost on the conversion. Parts we removed weighed 70lbs.

Tonight will be a big night of work if everything comes in as ordered. Still eye balling Friday night at Paradise, but Saturday morning is an option as well.

new brakes 1.jpgdist & valves.jpg

1968 - 383 Roadrunner 4 speed street car, Dad bought new
1970 - 440 Roadrunner drag footbrake car 6.99 1/8th
2016 - Hemi RAM 1500 - Hauls all the toys
North Georgia / Central NC