The entire business model for so many businesses is changing at such a rapid rate that it is incomprehensible.

I have a rather simple prescription for eyeglasses. I have nieces that go to Warby Parker to get glasses. So I decided to try them. I went to one of their stores on a Monday evening in the last month. By that Friday afternoon I had my multiple glasses delivered by USPS at my house. Very good quality for a bargain basement price. No need for me to go to a local optometrist to get glasses any more. Too bad for the local guy.

I used to have to ship out overnight packages several times a week for my office. "When it absolutely has to be there overnight." I have not had to overnight a package for years. It now costs basically nothing to instantly send information including very large files. A huge market has dried up for the FedEx's of the world.

USPS, UPS, FedEx; all basically the same shipping results for me. USPS being the most convenient and reasonable cost for a home shipper.

Don't like one of them or all of them? Be careful of what you wish for. The Amazons of the world are going to take over their own shipping. Pretty soon merchants will have to be part of their network to ship things, and they will have to pay to be in the network. If you are a small shipper your costs will be multiples of the costs large shippers will pay. Then you will really hear some griping from the small shippers. Plus small towns will eventually have 2nd or 3rd rate service compared to urban areas.

I'm very grateful for the local USPS staff. They put up with big time griping all the time. They are always pleasant. And it is a job that pays no money. I do not see how anyone can live off the pay scale workers there have.