Originally Posted by cudatom
Have never had a problem with usps. Not now or in the past. If I can ship usps thats all I use. Shipped a pkg to the west coast took 3 days, I still have some bills that I have to pay by mail. Sent it out on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and they had it on Monday.

Here. Try this. Send 200 packages every day like we do. Put a $100 bill in each one so you know how I feel when it gets lost. Then report back.

Just got off the phone with the owner of a big Camaro parts reseller (not in Detroit). He said he quit using USPS 2 years ago. Said they lost hundreds of packages the year before and cost him thousands. And here I thought it was just me. I asked what about guys that just want to buy a 95 cent part. He said they'll pay $13 to have it shipped but will actually get it and have real tracking.

A company in Ohio that I buy some of our store fixtures and literature hangers and stuff from only offer FedEx. No USPS.

Also learned there are companies that will monitor your UPS (and FedEX) shipping history (you have to be doing over $250k in shipping) and will get money back from them for lost packages or missed deadlines or any erroneous charges like incorrect shipping "adjustments". They split the savings and said I could expect a 5-10% savings just by letting them go after UPS for us.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets