In the last two years I've had several problems with usps, hence my ill will. I bought a rifle part from a guy in E. TN, I live in W. KY. The part came to Memphis and sat there for a couple days, then to Nashville for a couple days, then back to Memphis, then to Evansville Indiana and finally to me. I understand they have routes and hubs for those routes but there is no excuses for packages sitting for days.

I bought a rifle from a shop in Colorado and he requested a certified check. I sent it certified mail and sent him the tracking numbers so he could keep up with it's progress. When I mailed it I was told it would be there in 3-4 days. After 15 days I had to have the check stopped, (a $20 charge) and have another issued. I shipped it two day FedEx at a cost of $32. Both checks arrived the same day. The shop put the first check in the box with the rifle and shipped it. When I opened the package the rifle was in the original envelope containing the first check was sealed in a plastic bag with a large portion of one corner torn off and forklift tracks all over it. Upon opening it a corner of the check was gone along with part of the routing numbers. When I showed it to my postmaster she said, " I don't see why it couldn't be cashed". What an idiot!

I've learned that when checking the tracking if no progress is shown for a couple days and it says, "your package is in transit to it's next destination". Be prepared for a at least a delay. If publicly ran companies operated with the level of incompetency that the usps does they wouldn't stay in business for six months.

Yes, I'd pay more for a service that works.