I had to stop shipping via USPS and may never offer again. Because of COVID and around the holidays every year USPS takes anywhere from 5 days to 6 weeks to deliver. Distance doesnt matter. I could mail to my neighbor and it could take a month (and has happened). In fact I personally deliver most packages within 10 miles

USPS closed the Toledo HUB about 7 years ago (GENIUSES) and now flood the SE MI (Allen Park - Priority Mail & Pontiac - First Class Mail) hubs. When things get busy around the holidays they bring in empty semi trailers and fill them to deliver after the holidays. 4-6 weeks of mail gets stuffed into these trailers. We ship 30,000 packages a year now and I have the local Postmaster's cell phone number. Not to find packages, that is IMPOSSSIBLE in spite of all the calls asking if I have some "secret" information hotline, but to find out HOW BAD things are. My guys says all the big city hubs especially IL, NY, NJ, NC, TX, CA, are in the same boat. Just warehousing packages until the the rush subsides. Said about twice as much mail is coming in as going out?!?!

So I am only shipping UPS (FedEx is nearly as problematic as USPS.. I cant use them). Even UPS is running a couple days behind but at least the tracking and delivery is reliable. I liked the recent news story where UPS told a bunch of major retailers that they weren't going to handle their packages and instead focus on small to medium sized business probably because its more profitable than the rock bottom rates the big guys negotiated.

Anyone else seeing similar issues. I've been talking to other vendors and resellers all over the country and have been hearing the same story. I have noticed a few companies I have been purchasing from (not Mopar parts) are only offering UPS or FedEx also. No USPS.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets