Just plopping this quote from Steff in this thread because it pretty much answers my question.

Quote:

[A bearing] Spacer alone will not cut it. The length of the cam is different as well. You'd have to make a snout for the G3 cam to compensate for the difference in length and diameter. Then that snout would have to be pressed onto the G3 cam prior to final journal grinding to make sure all journals are concentric to each other. I've been thru this thought process. I even cosidered machining the front of the block to open up the front of the block like the G3 front is and then spacer the bore for a G3 front cam bearing. The problem with doing that is they redesigned the front cooling passages as well, so with the machining needed, it would blow right into the relocated cooling passages. Then, in order to fix that , you'd have to look at redirecting the coolant in the heads from where these original passaged flowed to. Again, I've been thru all of this thought process and the G4 & G3 blocks are different in front that they require their own specific parts.

This is why I had LSM machine up a custom cam core. The $800 for the cam was cheaper than all the cobbling up that would be needed to avoid it.

Drag Week 2011 - 77th place - DD
Drag Week 2012 - 2nd place SRBB N/A
Drag Week 2014 - Kapooya
RMRW 2018
RMRW 2020