Quote:

Quote:

Just curious how much boost could you put to one of these reliably with an after market rotating assembly...

Completely stock 6.1 held 18psi for quite a while but keep in mind I tune quite a few of these, "snuck up" on this tune, checked plugs regularly and do have a dyno to experiment with. I really believe the tune has alot to do with making these engines live and perform.

As far as how much a forged rotating assembly will take - I'm not sure we know that yet. There's been quite a few that I have heard about that gave out at 14+psi but I believe this was due to other issues (i.e. mechanical, bad fuel, overheating, improper tuning). I'm at 18-20 psi with the Jeep right now and have made a full pass at 23psi but was pushing through the converter. So until Joe at ProTorque get's me squared away with a better setup I am stuck here. There are a few others out there that I have tuned in the 18+psi range that are running regularly but really having issues putting the power to the ground. We also have a twin turbo, 6 speed Challenger in the shop right now that makes 1000+whp at 18-19psi (5.7 based 370ci), idles at 650 and is quite as a church mouse until the turbo's come to life - then it's a handful. The trans I believe (and afraid about) is the limiting factor here as well.

To answer the question about the pistons in my 5.7 block - those are aftermarket pistons designed to work with any available head and I am currently running Thitek's w/inconnel exhaust valves.

yep is was funny is that video watching him try to get down the track lol.

Mopar to the bone!!!