Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

this is for Monte_Smith-
I've got a 68 Dart. Its a chassis car with ladder bar suspension. Dana 60 rear, 4.56 gears, all Moser internals. 32 x 14.5w slicks. The passenger rear is squatted down about 1 to 1.5" just sitting there.
The car weighs 2835 with me in it. 9.28@143.35and a 1.31 60'
If the spring on that passenger shock is't bad, is my housing bent?

No.......that's not the way they bend. Your car is sitting crooked because of your corner weights, bent chassis, tab in the wrong spot, or something similar...But probably just the corner weights are not right.

Is it ladder bar? If so remove the bottom bolt of the bar at the housing and recheck your weights. Remember to put your weight in the driver seat and adjust springs and torsion bars then set preload. Every so often pull the bolt to see if anything is not bending.With everything bolted up you can not jack springs or torsion bars.

Lf is 708
RF is 623
LR is 730
RR is 773
I'm hoping its just a spring issue

cudaman1969-
Yes Its a ladder bar set up. It is a full Tube chassis car
(8.50 chassis). Strut front end.

Still works the same. New car?
Duh, just read your times so car has been run, something likely bent or broke on the ladder bars, brackets. They and they alone control how the car sits, no amount of spring adjusting will change that unless chassis is flexing. Think of it as a solid rear end that can move up and down only

Last edited by cudaman1969; 05/27/14 07:52 PM.