Quote:

Quote:

To BradH,

I said revolutionized because not Zeeker, not Brodix/Koffel, not Indy and certainly not Bulldog had the effect on the Mopar world that 440Source did with their copies (in my book) of the 915 head. I have to give Edelbrock credit for this as well, because I believe THEIR copy of the 915 head showed Source that there was a market if you can make a bolt-on head with a decent price. So maybe I misspoke and should have included Edelbrock as the revolutionizers.....

I KNOW THEY"RE NOT RACE HEADS!

But I bet that Source sells 3 times as many B/RB heads as Edelbrock, and at least that many more than Indy.

My point was, and still is, that other brand devotees, for whatever reason, are willing to pay more to keep their brands alive. I don't think they spend as much time b!%$#&ing about China, either.

I'll leave you with these questions: Why isn't everyone jumping all over Rick Sparky Sunroof GTX's case because the Firecore distributors are made in China? Is it because he has supplied a high quality part that works right and country of manufacture be d___ed, or because he's a Board member who you "knew" before he got into the distributor business and therefore gets a pass? If 440Source had brought out the exact same distributor I am sure the China-bashers would have been all over them.

I have to go now, gotta find my asbestos pants!

R.

Cool, we made it to the party. We appreciate the post and kind words. Lord knows we tried getting them made here, but they would have needed to retail around 550 instead of 200.. Couldn't do that to you guys. Carry on. I hope this dana will work for awhile. Heaven knows I won't be doing what the 10.5 or even 275 radial guys will be doing. ..FWIW, I NEVER argue with Monte

That's a nice looking Dana Rich and would work just fine for 98% of the guys on this site. Put it under a high 4 sec, hard leaving radial car and the ends will be bent in a handful of passes. That's ALL I have been trying to get across the WHOLE time. What a guy needs is APPLICATION specific. And if you have never been around, or worked on FAST radial cars, you just can't imagine the crap they tear up. The broken rear that started this post, was out from under a RADIAL car. The usual "Dana" chatter started, I said that was a bad choice for THIS car and that it needed a Ford.......so now I am a hater and a blowhard..........LOL!!!

Monte