Quote:

Monte, you made the point that I was going to make...There are much fewer Pontiacs than Mopars, yet you can buy some pretty hot stuff for a Pontiac. Sure it costs more than the brand C and F stuff, but they buy it anyhow because their brand loyalty extends past the pricetag.
Or Buick...How many hot Buicks do you know of? Yet TA Performance was making better heads and intakes, etc. for them years before 440Source revolutionized the Mopar market. TA just keeps going too.

If Mopar people want better parts they are going to have to SSSupport those who are going out on a limb to supply this market. That's reality.

R.

PS: I believe that if you have an idea or disagree about something, post it. But if you are going to reply to a post by attacking someone's character, you need to go sit in a corner for a while.

I agree........I try to NEVER make anything personal. Because at the end of the day, it is your money and you can spend it however you like. However, IF somebody makes it personal towards me, you are damn right that I will respond and come right back at you. So far in this thread, I have been called a liar and told I needed an attitude adjustment and that I had issues....well ok, that's your right to think so, but if you think I am going to let that pass without a response, you are sadly mistaken.

As I said before, my responses are solely based on experience and knowing what works for certain combos. I could care less about what the part in question came out of, or what maker originated it. I just want parts that work best, for the least amount of money and aggravation. Now if you are the type that will spend any amount of money, or any amount of time, to make the parts work that YOU want to use, that's fine, but don't just assume that because others don't feel that way, they are wrong or less LOYAL to the brand than you are.

Another issue I have is the mass misinformation that is thrown around in these type threads. Others spout opinion as facts, based on their own limited experience, or what they have HEARD throughout the years. I have owned, driven, built or tuned everything from stockers, to blown alky Funny cars. I have worked in both professional engine and chassis shops. Been going to the track since I was 5 and am 50 now. My current job has me at the race track about 3 weekends a month. And I am NOT sitting at a trailer on the midway hawking parts. I may be tuning the ECU on a EFI stocker one minute, the nitrous on a Pro-Mod the next, or adjusting the 4-link on a Top Sportsman car the next.........Now, do I know everything about everything.....HELL NO!!! not even remotely close.........but I do know a good bit about a lot of things and have seen and done a lot in many different areas. If I DON'T know something, I will be the first to tell you, but I also know enough OTHER people that I can probably find you someone who does know the answer to your question.

Monte