Quote:

As for the post above.. it is a real car. Jim Reid (who built my motor) is the guy who put the 43 miles on it back in 1967. It was bought new from Hall Motors in Brockton, MA. It was a factory Hemi 4-speed Belvedere 1, otherwise known as the mule car...Radio delete.. Heat delete... Jim and his brother Tom raced it in '67 and sold it at the end of the year , to another guy in Central Mass, who pulled the entire drivetrain out. The CURRENT owner bought the body, as you see it for $300. It even has the original metal hood scoop...

JB, no desrespect but the term "Mule Car" seems to be nothing more than a nickname they gave to the "Donor Car" that gave up it's drive train to a 68 car, nothing more (unless you can dig up some proof of otherwise?). Also, the RO/WO scoop may be an original (if it's made of steel) but regardless it did not come on that car from the factory, it was added after purchase. As far as it being a "real" Hemi car, I have no doubt that it is. As far as the term "hacked" is concerned, I found it appropriate to describe ANY type of sheet metal modification performed on such a rare car, regardless of the skill level of the fabricator.

Just one mans opinion