All I can say is what I've been saying all along... It's his car, his $$... In the end, his decision.. More power to him for doing what he wants with it

I stopped by Jon's shop tonight to talk to him about a few things... And we got to talking about this car...

His feelings are it's his car, he can do whatever he wants with it.. He asked the owner if it's REALLY what he wanted done and if he knew what he was doing.. The owner replied "I've had this for 42 years and this is what I want". Jon explained everything that had to be cut and moved...Jon told him to sell it like it is (factory) and buy any car you want and race tomorrow with it...

So in the end, it's something the owner went into with his eyes open wide...

As for the post above.. it is a real car. Jim Reid (who built my motor) is the guy who put the 43 miles on it back in 1967. It was bought new from Hall Motors in Brockton, MA. It was a factory Hemi 4-speed Belvedere 1, otherwise known as the mule car...Radio delete.. Heat delete... Jim and his brother Tom raced it in '67 and sold it at the end of the year , to another guy in Central Mass, who pulled the entire drivetrain out. The CURRENT owner bought the body, as you see it for $300. It even has the original metal hood scoop...

For the record, the guy who owns this is not rich.. He's a regular working stiff like the rest of us... He put his kids through college.. Did his time.. And this is his dream car.

My hat's off to him for living his dream.

Any one who thinks the car is being "hacked" should really go see the quality of the work that's being done and decide for themselves...

Last edited by JB666; 10/12/10 09:15 PM.