Quote:

Quote:

So the guy has owned the car since 1968, as much as everyone may not like it it's is his car.

Why should he have to sell it to appease others?

Apparently it's always been a race car, so what has changed?

The constant bickering about what cars are worth is one of the things that have taken the fun out of the hobby and made it more like a business.

The love of the cars used to be what motivated people to have them and actually drive and race them.

That being said, I would return it to the as raced in the 60's look.
But as stated, it's his car.

I couldn't agree more! The bottom line is that something is only worth what someone else will pay you for it. Obviously he does not care about selling it, and I don't see anyone here that was trying to buy it. Rather I just see a bunch of armchair car restorers. Sputnik, you're right, cars are for driving, and that's the biggest reason to own one. As for selling it or restoring it a certain way to appease others, you're right there too. It's his car and nobody else's. Explain to me how that's anybody else's business...

Yep this about says it all. Sure it sucks it's a piece of history...But lets face it if it was up for sale for 100K as is it would be on the WIW board with people saying it's worth 20k tops...

If someone really wanted to save it they could as EVERYTHING does have a price...