Quote:

I think some people just don't get it. This car could have been compared to a Duesenberg or any other vehicle that there are only TWO or maybe THREE examples in the whole world. That is one rare piece and it was the ultimate and very significant performance vehicle in that production year.
I also think this hacking madness has been partially perpetuated by the #'s guys. In the Mopar world some people in this hobby say that if a rare piece doesn't have the engine and air in the tires that it left the factory with, then it isn't worthy of a full restoration. To my way of thinking if a rare hemi or six pack (or any muscle era Mopar) has the same type of engine that it left the factory with then it's a worthy example and shouldn't be shunned by the so-called experts of the hobby. If this car had been restored it would have had the "experts" pointing fingers saying that "yeah it's nice but that isn't the original engine block, and those carbs came off a GTX, pooh, pooh".

Sheldon

I don't see the comparison as an equal to to a Deusenberg as this was a production car that someone just checked off the right order boxes to get it.
It wasn't a hand built car, which is what made Deusenbergs special, and rare.

Rare and cool, yes.
Hand built, no.

Ahh the days when you could order a car any way you wanted and not be forced to buy every option package they want to make a buck on.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol