Quote:

The guy bought this car in 1968 for $300. He knows what it's worth now and doesn't care... It's not about value to him, it's about doing what he wants to his own car...

I could'nt do it, BUT I wouldn't condem the man for it for doing what He wants to His car either.
Owning it this long , It obviously has sentimental value. So replacing it with something else would not be the same.

Look at it this way, it's no different than doing a full blown OE level restoration on a non-desirable/valuable car. For some it's not about the money.

Case in point, I'm trying to get the job to resurect a 1972 Olds Cutlass convertible - just a 350 2 bbl car. it's a nothing special car to most people. But the man has owned it for about 25 years. He bought it in High School, drove it all thru college, dated his now wife in it. I told him he could buy one done for less money, His reply was - Yea, but it's not this car.

btw, I know people who can replace the mods to this particular car , and if you didn't see them do it, you could not tell .