Originally Posted by Blusmbl
Random question for you guys. I have a mild 440 in my '68 Fury with ported 906's, 0.590 cam, flat top pistons and a TM7 intake with a 4 hole 1" spacer and an 850 DP on it.

I'm looking to spray it to get it into the mid 11's. I eventually want to fuel inject it and use a plate kit as a dry nitrous shot only and let something like a Holley Sniper control the additional fuel. I understand a ~150-200 shot should be safe on the motor as long as I use window switches and a WOT switch to keep it from activating when I don't want it to. I also understand I'll have to pull ~10 degrees of timing to keep it from detonating.

My question is what plate/kit would everyone recommend for this if I'm starting from nothing, for use with a carb for now, and then if I convert to EFI, can the wet kit be run as a dry kit only with no fuel through the fuel spray bar as long as the FI system is supplying the additional fuel?

Thanks!

Yes you can use a "wet" plate as a "dry" plate, just cap off the fuel side....OR add another nitrous solenoid and now you can use it as a two stage dry plate , or feed both sides (two jets) with one large nitrous solenoid and a good nitrous controlller . Plenty of options

Last edited by n20mstr; 07/20/21 12:47 PM.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....