Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Monte...are some combos just THAT much more nitrous friendly? I mean my car will go 6.teens on motor most of the time, but goes 5.70s w/ a 250 hit on at 3 tenths out.
Yet your customers car goes from 7.teens to 5.70s on a 150 hit.
I know I have a long way to go w/ my car, but seeing results like this make me wonder what I'm doing, lol. Or is this yet another result of running a nearly 2 ton car?
Could be several things. The smallblock is probably overcammed and has too much head to be an efficient N/A combo, for the given compression and other things. Converter is also probably a little tight. The small shot helps the efficiency of the motor and well as helps the converter on shift recovery.

In your case, I would think a 250 shot should pick you up more than 3 tenths. The converter may be a little loose. What does it fall back to on the shift on the motor and on the hose? If on the spray the drop really tightens, you probably need more stator. It could also be that the motor is fairly efficient as is and the nitrous is just not helping a lot because of cam, exhaust, whatever. HEMIs can be tough on spray. It could be that it just needs a lot more to really run....or the cam has too much overlap and is just putting the charge out the pipes. Hard to say. Look into converter question first.

How much mph does it pick up on spray?

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 03/02/16 11:36 PM.