Originally Posted By NTOLERANCE
Originally Posted By Jeremiah
my 2c...

I would call Compucar.

Otherwise it will be tuned by fuel pressure so if it was me I'd put both plates on one solenoid for each side (n20/fuel) of the system and start at 5.0psi and do a short test hit. Due to the lack of jets you can't really change the nitrous to fuel ratio much other than by adjusting the pressure. Once you get a handle on that you can start bumping the timing back in. I'd be running some 110 or C12 and start around 22* total advance.

As far as the "HP" rating of the kit, it's hard to say. Either way you are adding x amount of fuel/nitrous x 2 so yes it is additive in a linear fashion. A true "200hp" nitrous shot will definitely get your attention. Don't be surprised if ends up making more like 250-300 hp if your combo like nitrous.

For the solenoids I'd uses whatever they offer for the NOS Big Shot or Race Fogger. Definitely go with -6 lines for future expansion.

I did call compu Car. They weren’t very helpful considering it’s an “obsolete” system
I get it- a tunable plate would be preferred....

I think i get what what you’re saying -the plate is fixed- give them the biggest flow at the solenoids you can (such as the big shot)

I'm thinking you can tune with fuel pressure, timing and plug heat range just fine if you are way conservative with timing epsecially. If you hear the engine breaking up get out of it immediately something is not happy. Definitely run it on a minimum of 110 race gas.

On the solenoids the good thing about the NOS stuff is you can always use them with e 100-300hp plate later on.