Originally Posted by srt
Protesting by a segment of population does nothing to advance ideal for the greater good of a people.

Is that a quote from some leader of someplace we have been, should have been, or will be at war with someday... or is that something you decided on? Serious question.

Even I wouldn't deny the right to protest to my adversaries.

The problem with generalities like that is...who gets to decide on the definition of things like "greater good", "safe to end restrictions", "common sense", "reasonable precautions", etc.

And that's as far as I'm going astray of the subject.

All stakeholders in government had time to develop the plan with input from the populace.

And very few did, deciding instead on listening to "experts" - folks who have their own agendas and who we know nothing about in may cases. Gov. Wolf keeps referring to these mysterious "experts" who are guiding his decisions, but no one knows who they are or if they even exist.

I used to work for a guy who would ask me whether I thought we should do a certain repair, process, fix an item or replace it or just general advice on something. I would give him an answer based on what I thought would provide the best outcome, even if it wasn't easiest or cheapest. Often he didn't like what I said, and would go ask other people or call around until he found someone to give him the answer he wanted, just to reconcile what he was thinking. Seems to be a lot of that going around in these state offices.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/18/20 02:39 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.