Which is why I said any Stats coming out of PA right now regarding the current growth rate of Covid are worthless.

With the government paying hospitals for every COVID death, and extra for those put on a ventilator, like a bounty or something, administrators are directing doctors to report anything remotely believable to be caused by C19. Die in a car wreck with a runny nose? COVID. Get shot robbing a liquor store and have a fever? COVID. Silly, but I would bet it's not such a wild exaggeration. Drive the numbers up and get paid. The "sky is falling", "respect mah authoritah" types and hospital bean counters all win. I don't believe anything coming from liars who have much to gain by making people believe their crap.

Evidently the virus turned a bunch of politicians into morons.

They've always been morons. The Chinavirus crisis just allowed them to put it on full display. Reminds me of the old Pantera album title - Vulgar Display of Power.

I'm not super worried about the USA, I think we'll manage to work thru it okay

I expect that to be true, mostly because of the food chain being privately held and we are still a civilized nation. With what is going on, I expect prices to spike up and maybe some spotty shortages for a while.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/12/20 01:34 AM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.