I have a problem that I'm sure others have experienced. At the last oil change by the local quickie oil change, the mechanic? broke the handle of the dip stick in my 300C. I think this is a design flaw since the metal in the dipstick is not extended all the way up into the handle. The mechanic was not able to get the stick out of the tube He tried drilling a small hole in the plastic left on top of the stick, inserting a small screw to pull it out with pliers but this did not work. The plastic left in the tube seems to be stuck to the tube. I will soon be 83 yrs old with some rather severe physical limitations and not able to do much anymore. The car which is my wife's car will soon be due for another oil change and I don't think I want this same guy messing with it. I am sure there is a bracket welded onto the tube and bolted to the engine block but there is no room to get my hand down between the engine and the inner fender liner. Can it be accessed from under the car if it is on a lift? Anyone else experienced this and any ideas without having to go to dealer who is not convienentley (sp) located?