Quote:

1Badx - This might be a more appropriate forum to get the facts sorted out on using cast pistons with FI.

Can you detail your exoeriences with the factory slugs - espevially the 6,1 - and superchargers....including any thoughts you may have on using a blow thru system?

I have no personnal experience - but was pretty much put off the idea when I posted on the LX forums by people saying they wouldnt last - that the top ring land would fail..

I would only be considering around 7psi at max.....so interested to hear your opinion?

If I recall, Most all the posters on your supercharger post from the other site were recommending you not do it mostly based on your intake and blow through carb.

I'll let mike handle the rest. But 7psi isn't of concern with a proven intake design with equal distribution (i.e. 6.1, etc) and a good tune.

Mal- I know we discussed the possibility that a blow through carb might help cover for any flow differences- that's above my head though and I'm not sure who would have a good grasp on that.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course