Quote:

I wonder how the firecore coils will hold up

I'm thinking they'll be fine. Rick sent me the very first set of his proto types. He heard we were taking a highly boosted G3 to the dyno and told me... "My prayers have been answered. Finally I can see how they'll hold up under high cylinder pressure. This is why I go to church on Sunday's"... I

Anywho, we bolted them on and started the tugs. We noticed the engine started to lay down at 5000 rpm, meaning our increased boost to hp ratio was dropping. BTW, the motor made 936 hp. Well after some head scratching we bolted on the OEM coil packs and tugged away some more. This time we got an extra 500 rpm and 22 more hp before the engine started to lay down. I hoped to have tickled 1200 hp, but that wasn't gonna happen. I sent Rick all the dyno info and he then sent it to his top notch engineer for revisions of his coil packs. I wish I had the previledge to dyno his new ones, but we were on a time frame. Also just to be sure it was the coils and not ring flutter or something else, I pulled the engine apart and all was fine.

Jerry Williams.