Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Guess we should add -

TTI headers dont fit past the torsion bars

TTI adapter mounts skew the motor and raise it too high.

Factory pan gasket may not work with the Milodon pan - may need to use a cork rail gasket as well.

That's an overly broad stroke of the brush.

My experience:
TTI headers work fine for most. Most require some hammer work.
TTI mounts work great for most. Some don't. Especially if you have a right hand drive car.
Factory truck pan gasket works with RTV where the ribs deviate from the pan at the front corners.

Sorry Wade...but I think you are mitigating the issues because you think our cars are radically different - they are no different in the engine bay to yours except for the steering box placement.

- I reckon any required peening of the TTI headers is unacceptable in my view.

- This is the one I feel most certain over .,,,,,,,A body forums is full of examples of guys experiencing the same issues I did with the TTI mounts - surerly you've read the comments by SRTcuda etc?

- I cant comment on the truck pan gaskets - All I can say is even with approriate RTV mine leaked like a sieve. FWIW...the main issue was the Milodon pan rail " dimpled" when bolted up to the cast iron rail...there was simply no " give" in the factory gasket.

You are not actually running TTI headers, are you? Nor tried them?

I don't mind denting headers.

The RTV application I'm recommending is in addition to the 'appropriate' places Mopar has you apply. The torque doesn't need to be very high on those bolts.

I'm using TTI spool 73+ mounts. I am pleased. Alex's TTI mounts worked well on his 68. And Steve's on his 66. All four sets of TTI headers have required denting, but only the first borgeson set (old jig) was 'too much'.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course