Quote:

1Badx - This might be a more appropriate forum to get the facts sorted out on using cast pistons with FI.

Can you detail your exoeriences with the factory slugs - espevially the 6,1 - and superchargers....including any thoughts you may have on using a blow thru system?

I have no personnal experience - but was pretty much put off the idea when I posted on the LX forums by people saying they wouldnt last - that the top ring land would fail..

I would only be considering around 7psi at max.....so interested to hear your opinion?

I would be glad to share and have posted up some of the details on various Gen III Hemi forums but here's a link to follow. You can see from the onset we were determined to find out the answer to those questions ourselves:
http://modernmoparforum.com/topic/12184-...e-photos-added/

If you read through all the posts you will see that with a good tune and good fuel even at 25psi and a 150hp hit of spray at the launch the factory pistons did not fail or show signs of detonation.

As far as superchargers vs. turbo's on stock 5.7 or 6.1 pistons I have been blessed with the opportunity to tune close to 100 of these without any issues. Many of these cars, Jeeps or Rams are making 9-14psi and have been driven and raced for years by my customers.

I have no blow through Gen III Hemi experience. All my blowthrough tuning has been in the BBC world.