This car is freaking awesome, but just to put things into perspective, this isn't a "muscle car". It is really a high end exotic for the price that people are speculating it will sell for.

Let's take a look at something. In 1969 a COPO or YENKO camaro, the Hellcat Demon of its day, sold for around $4000 at a time when average annual household incomes were around $6000

Today, the hellcat demon will likely sell for almost 100k at a time when average annual household incomes are around $55k. LOL

Granted, this is the kind of inflation we have seen throughout the whole automotive industry, but still.

I think this car is great, and I would love to own one if I had the money, but I think the fact that it doesn't seem to even be trying to be a great all around car or a top competitor in the handling department kind of takes away from the accomplishment a little bit. If you are just looking to go fast in a straight line, you could build a 9 second car for a hell of a lot cheaper with mostly any late model platform these days. Building something like a Z06 vette that runs 10's, runs down italian super cars on road race tracks, gets 22mpg on the highway and can be comfortably daily driven is far more difficult. While the hellcat is clearly the king of its domain, I feel like the accomplishment for the price tag doesn't impress me as much with it being a one trick pony.

I'd much rather put that engine/drivetrain in my 1970 challenger if I was only looking for 1/4 mile performance.

Last edited by 1mean340; 04/13/17 01:56 PM.