Originally Posted By justinp61
The thing with most of our old cars is that they are one trick pony's, they do well in a straight line and that's it. The new stuff IMO are better all around cars.

Yep. I like 'em all, the old and the new. I've really had the hots to get a Challenger Scat Pak over the last couple of years, but my future includes 3 kids who haven't even started college, so that sort of expense on a stoopid car isn't in the plan.

In the mean time, I'll still whip it thru the twisties in my modded '02 WRX, and finish putting The MoPig back on the street & track in its latest configuration. If nothing else, I figure I can fly the Old School flag at the strip every time my junk lays down a quicker pass than some $60K+ Heck Kitten. Joe Average's Heck Kitten probably isn't even as quick at the track as my car used to be w/ the old engine, either.

As far as the guys w/ modern cars that are / will be faster than my '73 Challenger, I guess they simply have a lot more disposable income than I do, or choose to spend it differently.

It's all good.

drive