Some of you guys would find something to [censored] about if they were giving stuff away free. You same people have obviously never driven a Hellcat. My shop works on a does upgrades to late model Chrysler products, so let me give you an example. Have a customer we built a 426 Gen3 with a Magnuson supercharger in a 2012 SRT Challenger. Made just shy of 800 on pump gas. Yes it makes more power than the Hellcat. It is almost undriveable and I promise you, you will wreck this car unless your 100% focused at all times and very conscious of the throttle. Yes it's fast at the track, but pretty worthless at everything else. The Hellcat, by comparison, can be driven by your grandmother. It drives just like a 3.6 car until you don't want it to. That's all that "new fangled computer stuff" you all hate. That is the only thing that even makes it possible to sell cars like these. Can't even count how many GEN 2 Vipers came back wrecked just days or hours after being sold. That was with less power than a SRT, but no "computer assisted driver aids". So yes you can build something with more power cheaper, but I promise you it will suck to drive and be almost unusable in everyday driving situations. Be thankful that these kind of cars are being made available, and would lay waste to anything pre-73! Hell, my Hemi and diesel trucks are faster than most pre-'73 stuff, way more comfortable, and require damn near zero maintenance. If these new vehicle are just transportation, I'll take it. I'll leave the no overdrive, drum brake cars at the parking lot with a lawn chair sitting in front of them...

Craig Scholl
CJD Automotive, LLC
Jacksonville, FL
www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com
904-400-1802

"I own a Mopar. I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification"