Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 03:34 PM

Dodge will release it at the New York Auto
Show.. it will make more power than the Hell
Cats 707hp
wave
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 03:57 PM

it would be so cool if we had a smaller chassis to fit it in. No matter how you slice it, we're still the fat kid on the block.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
it would be so cool if we had a smaller chassis to fit it in. No matter how you slice it, we're still the fat kid on the block.

You got that right... if they would take a
1000 lbs out of it... then you would really
have something
wave
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 04:29 PM

And remove the air conditioning, power steering, cruise control, half the computer crap, and I will order one tomorrow.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
And remove the air conditioning, power steering, cruise control, half the computer crap, and I will order one tomorrow.
Aren't those called Drag Packs?

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By 340Cuda

HEAVY Drag Packs.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 05:04 PM

All the Hellcats were sold out.. the people
must like the options
wave
Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 05:58 PM

I bet it will be a legit 10.9 car from the factory. The ad says "1/2 second is your reputation" Who knows. I still can't afford one. lol
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 06:08 PM

keep the AC and im with ya.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 06:19 PM

Over powered under performing modern junk imo...........anything made past 73 is transportation not muscle car................ beer
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 06:21 PM

You whiners are funny

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By 4406forPOWER
I bet it will be a legit 10.9 car from the factory. The ad says "1/2 second is your reputation" Who knows. I still can't afford one. lol

LOL... I'll never be able to buy one... WAY
out of my price range... I wouldnt mind having
the engine to put into my junk.. I dont know if
I could afford that either(or if it would fit)
in my street rod
wave
Posted By: scottb

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 06:30 PM

Show me car built before 73 that will run mid12 and get 23 mph with ice cold air and cruise control and I'll. Buy one tomorrow my SRT charger I could get 23 mpg drive it off highway and into the staging lanes and run mid 12s all day long and cruise at 80 mph . The new cars are heavy for sure but you can not knock the performance there getting out of them when was the last time Chrysler sold anything making 485-707 in hp from the factory never
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By 340Cuda

HEAVY Drag Packs.

The vette has all that, plus much more, and it's 3,400lbs...

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 07:01 PM

A 10 second car can be built w/WAY less money and more dependable. I could build an 8-second n/a driver for the money that crap cost. I'm not going to debate this bs but I CAN'T STAND NEW CARS...........I work on em and they are overpriced throw aways and get back w/me on how these new plastic cars survive 30-40 years............ drive
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 07:16 PM

Dom if you can build a 10 second car that will pass emissions, get good mileage and last for 200,000 miles for less money you need to quit building carbs and start building cars. You'll be a wealthy man. biggrin

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 07:19 PM

A 10sec N/A Gen III Hemi can be built for much less money as well......apples and oranges
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 07:26 PM

All I know is these cars are impressive and I would love to have one. Problem is the dealers will be raking people over the coals to get them. Probably big $ over sticker. No way I would ever pay that.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61
Dom if you can build a 10 second car that will pass emissions, get good mileage and last for 200,000 miles for less money you need to quit building carbs and start building cars. You'll be a wealthy man. biggrin

So true, n/a probably not but my "opinion" still stands...........I don't drive my Dart cos it's comfy or gets good mileage, I drive/race it because it outperforms MOST people's expectations and hauls ass for what it is............... beer
Posted By: CJD AUTOMOTIVE

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 08:15 PM

Some of you guys would find something to [censored] about if they were giving stuff away free. You same people have obviously never driven a Hellcat. My shop works on a does upgrades to late model Chrysler products, so let me give you an example. Have a customer we built a 426 Gen3 with a Magnuson supercharger in a 2012 SRT Challenger. Made just shy of 800 on pump gas. Yes it makes more power than the Hellcat. It is almost undriveable and I promise you, you will wreck this car unless your 100% focused at all times and very conscious of the throttle. Yes it's fast at the track, but pretty worthless at everything else. The Hellcat, by comparison, can be driven by your grandmother. It drives just like a 3.6 car until you don't want it to. That's all that "new fangled computer stuff" you all hate. That is the only thing that even makes it possible to sell cars like these. Can't even count how many GEN 2 Vipers came back wrecked just days or hours after being sold. That was with less power than a SRT, but no "computer assisted driver aids". So yes you can build something with more power cheaper, but I promise you it will suck to drive and be almost unusable in everyday driving situations. Be thankful that these kind of cars are being made available, and would lay waste to anything pre-73! Hell, my Hemi and diesel trucks are faster than most pre-'73 stuff, way more comfortable, and require damn near zero maintenance. If these new vehicle are just transportation, I'll take it. I'll leave the no overdrive, drum brake cars at the parking lot with a lawn chair sitting in front of them...

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 08:23 PM

http://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/dodge...ser-video-here/

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 08:24 PM

Then you are saying people need "babysitting" of the throttle because they suck as a driver then they should just get a Honda. I am the controller of all things that happen in my car so I "drive" it, not the other way around. I'm not denying the power potential or creature comforts but at that price I'll take an "old skool" original 60`s-70`s REAL muscle car over the modern stuff AND I'll smoke em street or strip pretty sure unless they run in the mid 9's and can 60 ft in the 1.3`s............. drinking
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 08:42 PM

So basically all the computer crap enables people to possibly not kill themselves in a car they shouldn't have been driving in the first place? Gotcha. Trying to idiotproof everything.

All the computer and electronic stuff on these cars is what I don't like about them. After some time they will start having all sorts of expensive hard to diagnose issues made worse by modifications. No thanks. I'll keep my carb'd big block stuff I can fix w/ some wrenches and screwdrivers.
And I've had my share of late model performance vehicles, although none were Mopar...I was into the LS GM stuff for a while. Now I just have a couple of daily drivers and the old school Mopars around.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 08:52 PM

I like em all.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 09:02 PM

They could build an 800hp G3 challenger make it 3300lbs list it for 30k and you guys would still bi tch

Killing me with the censorship, do we sell these transcripts to grade schools??
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 09:06 PM

I'll take one, love to have a hellcat for sure. They are sitting on lots everywhere at this point new and used. There is a dealer down the street from me right now(in DC) with 5 Hellcats sitting out front. Prices on them are dropping and can be bought most places UNDER sticker. Still expensive but every new car is these days it seems.

AS for old VS new. They both have their place. I would not be one to by a Hellcat or similar and sit on it, I would buy it to do what it is designed for DRIVE it and ALOT. We buy what we enjoy driving, I have not had a "fast" street car in a long time, well we have one just sits in the garage though. Guess getting old has made me soft.
Posted By: AlexP

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 09:11 PM

There are at least 10 sitting on the Dodge dealers lot right about a mile from me and they're under sticker.

I like the engine, but the car is too big for me. So I took the best parts and put them in my Roadrunner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dRSM8SGuBM

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 09:12 PM

If you have good tires on these new rides it
will haul a$$.. the traction control will let
it IF it has traction... I'll take any one of
these new cars with all the luxury stuff over
any of the old junk.. but they would have to
give me a hell of a deal so I could own it...
being I pay cash for all my cars
wave
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 09:23 PM

How Long before the Richard Rawlings Gas Monkey commercials are out? Be nice if we had some recognizable Drag racers that could be used in these commercials. Ala the Old Ronnie Sox Commercials from the late 60's and early 70's.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 09:26 PM

I always said I would never have one of the new cars either. Until my wife brought one home one day and I drove it. Man it is nice and runs decent for a base RT. IF I had the $$ I would buy one of the Demons in a heartbeat. that video reminds me of the 69 1/2 six pack cars for some reason. Built to rule on the strip and street from the factory show rooms.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 09:46 PM

Hey people, Dodge sells the most brutal yet user friendly modern muscle car in existence. Yes its a tank, has useless 275 wide tires and the interior is near Bently standards. So what, it is bada$$ and will embarrass anything offered from the "heyday" of musclecars and still manage mid-20's for fuel mileage. Nothing WRONG with a car like that but on Moparts, people are just to much more refined in their intellect to give credit where its due.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 09:54 PM

Plenty mid 9 and lower Gen III cars Dom. As for longevity, they'll last a lot better than the pre '73 cars you hold near and dear. Not hating on the old stuff at all.

Also what you lovers of all things old red to realize (or accept) is the more new performance stuff Mopar sells, the better it is for the old stuff as well

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 10:09 PM

At what price though...........I'd rather have a fast dependable 9-second n/a car anyday but I get your point(s) loud n clear.......now I'm going to put a CARB on my 72 Dart and go do some testing again when the weather breaks.............. biggrin thumbs

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
At what price though...........I'd rather have a fast dependable 9-second n/a car anyday but I get your point(s) loud n clear.......now I'm going to put a CARB on my 72 Dart and go do some testing again when the weather breaks.............. biggrin thumbs

Your issue Dom is your just close minded to
new technology.. what you should be thinking
is opening up from just old carbs to doing
injection and at least E-85 stuff.. if you
think about it you would be opening up your
horizons to make more money.. you could drill
intakes and learn to tune injection.. I can do
the intakes and rails but I'm still learning
the electronics part... this is not meant as
a cut down
wave
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 10:59 PM

Hellcats go 200 right? I think the closest thing back in the day would be NASCAR specific or maybe a 427 Cobra. 0-100 and back down to 0 in less than 14 seconds? Engineering and technology get better and better as years go on. We are lucky to be alive at this point in history with all this goodness everywhere!
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 11:03 PM

These new cars are bad ass and I will not call them junk. They exceed the old iron by a long shot. To have those amenaties and power for a daily driver would be great. Will I ever own one? No. I cant bring myself to spend the money on new cars these days. I love driving my Road Runner. If I'm out screwing around, give me the Runner. If I were to be going on a 250 mile road trip with my Chick in the summer when its 90 degrees out, give me the new car with the amenaties and power.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 11:04 PM

Not close minded but hell, I struggle w/carbs at times and would loose the other 1/2 of my mind trying to tune efi............. laugh2 Now E-85, I will do some testing on my stuff in the future just can't get it locally so not sure how that will work out..........
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 11:05 PM

The Demon probably means that current Hellcat prices will drop even further and faster. Too bad for those owners.

BUT GREAT FOR SOME OF THE REST OF US!

The next year or two, I should be able to buy a used Hellcat for less than many Mopar muscle cars. I don't anticipate getting rid of my '70 Cuda anytime soon, but I have sold my other cars so that I can add just the right Hellcat at just the right price. Kinda like having my cake and eating it too.

drive

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By STEFF
These new cars are bad ass and I will not call them junk. They exceed the old iron by a long shot. To have those amenaties and power for a daily driver would be great. Will I ever own one? No. I cant bring myself to spend the money on new cars these days. I love driving my Road Runner. If I'm out screwing around, give me the Runner. If I were to be going on a 250 mile road trip with my Chick in the summer when its 90 degrees out, give me the new car with the amenaties and power.

I prefer the "chicks" that like it rough and don't need all of the creature comforts who aren't scared their face mask, I mean make up won't smear...............
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By SCATPACK 1
I always said I would never have one of the new cars either. Until my wife brought one home one day and I drove it. Man it is nice and runs decent for a base RT. IF I had the $$ I would buy one of the Demons in a heartbeat. that video reminds me of the 69 1/2 six pack cars for some reason. Built to rule on the strip and street from the factory show rooms.

Same here, never thought I'd want a new car til I drove a new ScatPack last summer, what a blast. Made my big block Duster feel like a pile of crap lol.
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
Cats 707hp
wave

It's already been said by insiders on the Hellcat fourm. It will have more then the current hc
This demon car is not to be confused with the adr (American drag racer) to be out in aug. That car has 981 hp. 883 to back tires and 188 lighter then current cat and in testing run 1/4 in high 9s (showroom stock)
Help from a drag radial tire(315) a whipple and less weight)

This demon car is have more then current also. But the demon and adr is 2 differnt cars

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By CJD AUTOMOTIVE
Some of you guys would find something to [censored] about if they were giving stuff away free. You same people have obviously never driven a Hellcat. My shop works on a does upgrades to late model Chrysler products, so let me give you an example. Have a customer we built a 426 Gen3 with a Magnuson supercharger in a 2012 SRT Challenger. Made just shy of 800 on pump gas. Yes it makes more power than the Hellcat. It is almost undriveable and I promise you, you will wreck this car unless your 100% focused at all times and very conscious of the throttle. Yes it's fast at the track, but pretty worthless at everything else. The Hellcat, by comparison, can be driven by your grandmother. It drives just like a 3.6 car until you don't want it to. That's all that "new fangled computer stuff" you all hate. That is the only thing that even makes it possible to sell cars like these. Can't even count how many GEN 2 Vipers came back wrecked just days or hours after being sold. That was with less power than a SRT, but no "computer assisted driver aids". So yes you can build something with more power cheaper, but I promise you it will suck to drive and be almost unusable in everyday driving situations. Be thankful that these kind of cars are being made available, and would lay waste to anything pre-73! Hell, my Hemi and diesel trucks are faster than most pre-'73 stuff, way more comfortable, and require damn near zero maintenance. If these new vehicle are just transportation, I'll take it. I'll leave the no overdrive, drum brake cars at the parking lot with a lawn chair sitting in front of them...

That right there is a fact. Having have a built 2nd gen hemi in a challenger and sold it for a cat. There is night and day differance

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/12/17 11:59 PM

Reading all these post. I love my 70 cudas and will never sell them. But
Driving the cat around town. Stop light to stop light is a blast. Just blip the gas and lit em up shove ya way back into the seat but then can pull off on a on ramp and do a 200 mile trip in comfort (ice cold ac) and get 21 mpg
All wich could never be done with our old cars
And now just a few months from a car with 19 hp less of a 1000hp being released with a vin and a warrenty. (Not the demon) We live in some awsome times

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 12:09 AM

At 60 years old I'm to old to impress the girls and to old to go to jail, and trust me I would end up in jail. I was kicking around the idea of making my green duster street legal but came to my senses. I proved what I had to on the streets years ago and to this day guys still remember so I will keep my going fast on the track and drive my slow 2006 Chevy Malibu and dodge diesel on the streets. I did buy a Honda Delsol years ago that was fun to drive.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 12:15 AM

I prefer the "chicks" that like it rough and don't need all of the creature comforts who aren't scared their face mask, I mean make up won't smear...............

So you prefer an automatic TRANNY?

Posted By: dizuster

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 12:28 AM

I feel like I'm qualified properly respond to this since I have a 9 second 1962 street car, and a 2016 scat pack challenger (measly 485hp). I don’t know how many street “blasts” or ¼ mile runs I have in my life, but I’m sure enough to qualify that I don’t “suck” as a driver.

That being said… the 485hp on regular street tires with the traction control off will get you in trouble in a hurry. I can’t imagine what 707hp or more is like in the same car. You have to be really careful with the car even if you know what you’re doing… You’re kidding yourself if you think the 9 second car on caltracs, 275 drag radials, and drag shocks is harder to drive then 707hp on 275 rock hard street tires, with suspension setup to take corners.

This morning I got up for work, hit the remote start button to warm it up. It fired up with a sweet sounding “whoummmm”… then the idle came down and it quieted back up. Finished getting my coffee and walked outside. Car sensed I had the keys in my pocket, and unlocked the door as soon as I touched the door handle. Hopped in it, and the heated steering wheel and seats were nice and warm. Backed out through the snow and ice with no problems, and took off to work. Wife called, and I picked it up through the hands free phone without taking my hands off the wheel. Got off the phone with her, and then my buddy text me which the car read to me through the speakers. I then responded through the built in microphone, again without taking my hands off the wheel. Then a kick ass song came on the radio, which I turned up (again without taking my hands off the wheel) jammed with my Alpine 9 speaker system as I pulled into work. Romped on the throttle through the s-turns a bit, making a bunch of noise when the computer controlled electric cutouts in the exhaust opened up. Sliding around the corner, the traction control turned on when it started getting loose and calmed things down.

Pulled into the parking space, and walked in smiling thinking about my warranty.

That is the $40~50k experience that a 11.90 340 duster doesn’t have… but with the same timeslip…

For everything these cars lack in drag race ET potential, they certainly make up in other areas. Top speed on my challenger is around 175-180mph. No WAY is my ’62 going to touch that. It’s been 142mph at the track, and it’s about out of gear. I have NO fear to drive the challenger in rain/snow, but I’d be scared to death to get caught in the rain on a warm summer day with the 275 pro’s on my ’62. They are just not the same thing…these cars are built to be driven all year round, and last for a long time while being abused. I know FOR SURE, I can’t say the same thing for my 9 second muscle…
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 12:30 AM

This new Demon car has them all shaken up at Hellcat.org. Mostly it's the " I can't believe I am not top dog anymore" syndrome lol.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By ProSport

Same here, never thought I'd want a new car til I drove a new ScatPack last summer, what a blast. Made my big block Duster feel like a pile of crap lol.

Then you BB Duster needs some finessing............ beer

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 12:35 AM

People forget these are production line cars, what did our old pos cars run off the line.

Alot of misguided people in our mopar world, it seems.

You could take your new chally run it at a track, drive 12 hours and run the same time at the next track day after day after day from new york to cali, dealer warranty work, 100k miles is just stretching its legs.

We used to call people stuck in the past.... just old, now id say foolishly old.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By EV2Bird

work tsk Didn't say I was gay...........let's set up a race then w/these so called modern "Muscle Cars" w/gobs of power at the rollers and see what happens just for kicks. My $15,000 dated junk against a $70,000+ dollar trophy car.........I'm game...........
Posted By: 67Satty

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 12:49 AM

People forget these are production line cars, what did our old pos cars run off the line.

Even Chrysler's new minivan the Pacifica will run a 15.1 @ 92 MPH. Compare that to the times of the stock musclecars back in the day and it would probably be right in the mix until you get to the Hemis and 6 Packs.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 12:52 AM

Ok, my bad.... didnt understand the face mask stuff.

Im sure a modded hellcat owner from nyc would drive half way to run ya, if you can make that trip from cali, to say indy?

Heck, just keepem hot so yall can run right off the interstate.

The hellcat owner might let ya get some ac time in as well in the passenger seat.

work tsk Didn't say I was gay...........let's set up a race then w/these so called modern "Muscle Cars" w/gobs of power at the rollers and see what happens just for kicks. My $15,000 dated junk against a $70,000+ dollar trophy car.........I'm game...........

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 12:55 AM

In the flying mile you'd be toast.

Your to old to change, you think technology is a bad thing because it passed you by.

9 second cars are slow by today's street cars. Around here you can see 7 second cars at rod runs every weekend. And a hellcat gets as much attention as any of the older cars .

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By FastmOp

Your to old to change, you think technology is a bad thing because it passed you by.

9 second cars are slow by today's street cars. Around here you can see 7 second cars at rod runs every weekend. And a hellcat gets as much attention as any of the older cars .

haha Now it's a standing mile..........I'm going to go work on carbs now..........been a pleasure........... catfight

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 01:25 AM

Im done too, the wife just told me to stop giving folks a hard time.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 01:39 AM

In the 1/4 they are within a few cars of you lmao.
Posted By: CJD AUTOMOTIVE

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 01:40 AM

..........I'm going to go work on carbs now.........catfight

I think my lawn mower still has one of those...

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 02:37 AM

I hope the new Demon has a Super Stock rear spring option.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 02:39 AM

and a pinion snubber...

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 02:54 AM

how many NATURALLY ASPIRATED 9 second cars show up??? you left out that little bit of info.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 02:58 AM

[quote=EV2Bird]Ok, my bad.... didnt understand the face mask stuff.

Im sure a modded hellcat owner from nyc would drive half way to run ya, if you can make that trip from cali, to say indy?

Heck, just keepem hot so yall can run right off the interstate.

The hellcat owner might let ya get some ac time in as well in the passenger seat.

So, what your saying is, a SUPERCHARGED car that has a factory 707hp, plus additional modifications, will run a NATURALLY ASPIRATED car, running what is basically, 50+ year old technology?

seems fair.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 03:17 AM

Forgot the most important thing, I built my own car, didn't roll down some build sheet...........home built by ME............ apimp beer

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 03:59 AM

It has a 100 cubic inches less. 😂

Old ass cry babys.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 04:11 AM

It has a 100 cubic inches less. 😂

Old ass cry babys.

BOOST= CUBIC INCHES.
A little 231 in a grand national can run 9's....
That's over 100 cubic inches less than a hellcat...
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 04:13 AM

I hope the new Demon has a Super Stock rear spring option.

No, I saw my buddies Build sheet, They have the Magic springs.

And We All know, the SS springs were just Thicker, and not magical. Those springs were saved for the New Demon. up

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 04:27 AM

Forgot the most important thing, I built my own car, didn't roll down some build sheet...........home built by ME............ apimp beer

I have one of those too...proud of it!! And lots faster then the Scat Pack I bought.

But doesn't make it near as comfortable to drive as the one I didn't build.

I'll tell you what... Lets both leave right now, drive to a half way point in the midwest, and run them in the sleet an' snow 1/4 mile. You can tell me how much you still love the drive in your dart after 1000 miles through the cold/snow, and we'll see how well you put down the power you have. Then when I whip you, you can tell me how computers are for people who can't drive with thier own foot. LOL

Or you can wait until summer, and we'll put a few turns in the track to see how you do. I know my car will turn with more then 1g-force... how about yours?

Pretty stubborn view Thump... you built an excellent "one purpose only" machine... but it doesn't make it better then the "multi purpose" machines that we're talking about. Just makes it different...

Not knocking old iron... man I love my Savoy and the challenger isn't a replacement for it at all. But if you drive a new one... you'd change your tune.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 04:37 AM

Over powered under performing modern junk imo...........anything made past 73 is transportation not muscle car................ beer

and they all look like rolling tampons compared to the cars of yore...

but the 300's, Challengers and Chargers are rad.

We have some new muscle, it sits in the garage and nobody drives it unless we go on vacation to the coast or something. Probably has a dead battery or something.

*edited for clarity and niceness

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 04:44 AM

I kinda comes down to us youngsters are fine with the old stuff and you oldtimers need the home comforts. Hope I never get old
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 05:00 AM

I love the idea of the Demon coming back.

However this is just a desecration of the name Demon, it has never had anything to do with the the Challenger, why on god's green earth FCA thought this was a good idea is beyond me

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 05:02 AM

The new car safe space has arrived lol.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By dizuster

I have one of those too...proud of it!! And lots faster then the Scat Pack I bought.

I'll tell you what... Lets both leave right now, drive to a half way point in the midwest, and run them in the sleet an' snow 1/4 mile. You can tell me how much you still love the drive in your dart after 1000 miles through the cold/snow, and we'll see how well you put down the power you have. Then when I whip you, you can tell me how computers are for people who can't drive with thier own foot. LOL

Or you can wait until summer, and we'll put a few turns in the track to see how you do. I know my car will turn with more then 1g-force... how about yours?

Pretty stubborn view Thump... you built an excellent "one purpose only" machine... but it doesn't make it better then the "multi purpose" machines that we're talking about. Just makes it different...

Not knocking old iron... man I love my Savoy and the challenger isn't a replacement for it at all. But if you drive a new one... you'd change your tune.

A friend of mine just bought a 6.4 Challenger and it's amazing how quick and smooth it is. Hard to be terrified without a metal dash board. What color is yours anyway?

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 05:08 AM

All good and since yours is so streetable, then cruise out here and street race me for $$$ and YOU WILL LOSE GUARANTEED............. beer
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 05:13 AM

Someone please fix the thread title, we don't need to further the stereotypes of Mopar lovers.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 05:16 AM

Originally Posted By cdwmotorsports

However this is just a desecration of the name Demon, it has never had anything to do with the the Challenger, why on god's green earth FCA thought this was a good idea is beyond me

Same can be said about the Daytona trucks. Or 4 door chargers for that matter. Or even a 4 door daytona/super bee charger But most don't a problem with that lol

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 05:45 AM

All good and since yours is so streetable, then cruise out here and street race me for $$$ and YOU WILL LOSE GUARANTEED............. beer

Man you gotta lotta rules to win this race. I gotta drive all the way to you, and no standing mile? What's next, I gotta give you lane choice too? stirthepot grin

Originally Posted By Jeremiah

A friend of mine just bought a 6.4 Challenger and it's amazing how quick and smooth it is. Hard to be terrified without a metal dash board. What color is yours anyway?

Yeah knowing there are airbags there certainly helps too!

B5 Blue/Shaker... I know... looks like a rolling tampon... blah

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 06:18 AM

Hell yeah! Nice color and options, what a great daily driver.

Honestly, I'm a LX fan all the way. The only cars on the road that catch my eye honestly.

Otherwise I stand by my statement until somebody reminds me of, or posts a picture of a badass new car lol. Most new cars are...so round.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 06:23 AM

Man you gotta lotta rules to win this race. I gotta drive all the way to you, and no standing mile? What's next, I gotta give you lane choice too? stirthepot grin

Originally Posted By Jeremiah

Yeah knowing there are airbags there certainly helps too!

B5 Blue/Shaker... I know... looks like a rolling tampon... blah

All in fun and there are so many variables in this topic that there's no "end all" answer. I respect the power some of these cars make and realize they're faster than the 60's-70's muscle cars of my era so now what.............

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 06:33 AM

And they have navigation and factory oil temp sensors. We have all been lost in an unfamiliar part of town wondering wth the oil temperature is, right? It just happens.
Posted By: Hemi_Jack

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 06:43 AM

They also have a 5yr/60,000 mile powertrain warranty. Hard to beat that with the old iron.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 06:50 AM

Man these old guys get rattled easily. Lost a lot of respect for some of you, too blind to see that you have the exact same attitude that put mopar behind decades ago. We got guys in here beating their chests about their 3100lb almost 500" deal that barely clips a 1 or 2 mod Hellcat and a bracket guy who I can't even figure out where he's at anymore.

I race an old car, it's faster than all 3 mentioned above and does it with a small block and a tiny 26" DOT tire but you don't see me bashing the new stuff and technology. My car would be pretty slow without a modern ignition and power management..... yours?
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 07:09 AM

I have a 2015 Hellcat Challenger, an 87 Buick GN, 69 440/512 Charger, and a 68 Cuda with a SB 408. Love them all. The Hellcat is a lot of fun, but so are all of the other ones. I can't imagine anything more than 707 from a new car, that's crazy but cool.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 07:15 AM

I'm a bit bummed that they are gonna show
it at the NY show instead of the Detroit auto
show this weekend(starts this weekend)
wave

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 07:55 AM

I was pausing the dodge vid and being they have easter 3ggs every where if you just look
First was drilled and slotted rotors. It has a huge wide snorkel hood scoop there is a demon with a pitch fork lol and the mice are running around (chevy motor) it eats one and has a weird shaped blood drop
It's bites a nascar fuel can
Maybe others can watch and pause and see something that's is or isn't there
I can't post pics. But if pause and zoom in pretty cool
Posted By: ksj

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 06:00 PM

999HP and run 9.99.Just a guess.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By SpareParts
Man these old guys get rattled easily. Lost a lot of respect for some of you, too blind to see that you have the exact same attitude that put mopar behind decades ago. We got guys in here beating their chests about their 3100lb almost 500" deal that barely clips a 1 or 2 mod Hellcat and a bracket guy who I can't even figure out where he's at anymore.

I race an old car, it's faster than all 3 mentioned above and does it with a small block and a tiny 26" DOT tire but you don't see me bashing the new stuff and technology. My car would be pretty slow without a modern ignition and power management..... yours?

blah

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 06:33 PM

IF you're talking to ME, I'm far from old and fresher, friskier and more physical that most 30 year olds so save that crap. I see why guys bail from here w/all of the bs personal attacks but enjoy and smash this thing to death like most posts. I get mad respect in other places so will head over there so some of you can pound on your chest's some more..........good day........... blah

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 06:35 PM

how many NATURALLY ASPIRATED 9 second cars show up??? you left out that little bit of info.

Well as stated earlier I have one that sits in my garage, and it runs 9's on pump swill. It is also a brand C car so everyone here will hate on it anyway. It basically sits in the garage and rarely gets driven anymore. Not sure why I don't drive it more but the simple fact is it rarely gets used these days. I also have a late model car that runs fairly well(12.32 in Vegas)even though it is a naturally aspirated 6 cylinder in the 1/4 though it is not a 1/4 mile drag car at all. It corners pretty well, brakes as good as most anything else out there as well. When we were looking for something fun to drive we looked at a lot of cars and "settled" on this particular car. It again is not a Mopar so I am sure the haters will come. We chose a 911 Carrera S for our fun car. While it may not be the best in any category it IMO is the best all around car for the money we were willing to spend. Maybe we will look at the Hellcat again at somepoint who knows. I love the new stuff, some really bad [censored] pieces out there for sure. And many can be bought for a song, especially lightly used

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 06:41 PM

IF you're talking to ME, I'm far from old and fresher, friskier and more physical that most 30 year olds so save that crap. I see why guys bail from here w/all of the bs personal attacks but enjoy and smash this thing to death like most posts. I get mad respect in other places so will head over there so some of you can pound on your chest's some more..........good day........... blah

Did I name you? ? Read your posts in this thread and then act like I make personal attacks lmao and your chest is plenty bruised from the pounding you've given it. Great idea go to the little pond where everyone will praise you and you can hide from the outside. Come on man you can't be that close minded. Everything has a different purpose. Your car has a different purpose than a Hellcat, that doesn't make it better or worse.
Posted By: thedriver

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 06:59 PM

You know it's mid winter when....

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By thedriver

When everyone gets butt hurt so easily one wonders if they bleed every month.

I get mad respect in other places so will head over there so some of you can pound on your chest's some more..........good day........... blah

Dude, Mr Banger, swat approved, the only real man on moparts,dont tread on me.... most the time you want to act like billy bad boy and here some dont buy the thug crap, now ya want to get thin skin and run off cause some wont recognize....get over yourself mr mad respect and jump back in the pool here, the waters not that cold.

Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 07:37 PM

I feel like I'm qualified properly respond to this since I have a 9 second 1962 street car, and a 2016 scat pack challenger (measly 485hp). I don’t know how many street “blasts” or ¼ mile runs I have in my life, but I’m sure enough to qualify that I don’t “suck” as a driver.

That being said… the 485hp on regular street tires with the traction control off will get you in trouble in a hurry. I can’t imagine what 707hp or more is like in the same car. You have to be really careful with the car even if you know what you’re doing… You’re kidding yourself if you think the 9 second car on caltracs, 275 drag radials, and drag shocks is harder to drive then 707hp on 275 rock hard street tires, with suspension setup to take corners.

This morning I got up for work, hit the remote start button to warm it up. It fired up with a sweet sounding “whoummmm”… then the idle came down and it quieted back up. Finished getting my coffee and walked outside. Car sensed I had the keys in my pocket, and unlocked the door as soon as I touched the door handle. Hopped in it, and the heated steering wheel and seats were nice and warm. Backed out through the snow and ice with no problems, and took off to work. Wife called, and I picked it up through the hands free phone without taking my hands off the wheel. Got off the phone with her, and then my buddy text me which the car read to me through the speakers. I then responded through the built in microphone, again without taking my hands off the wheel. Then a kick ass song came on the radio, which I turned up (again without taking my hands off the wheel) jammed with my Alpine 9 speaker system as I pulled into work. Romped on the throttle through the s-turns a bit, making a bunch of noise when the computer controlled electric cutouts in the exhaust opened up. Sliding around the corner, the traction control turned on when it started getting loose and calmed things down.

Pulled into the parking space, and walked in smiling thinking about my warranty.

That is the $40~50k experience that a 11.90 340 duster doesn’t have… but with the same timeslip…

For everything these cars lack in drag race ET potential, they certainly make up in other areas. Top speed on my challenger is around 175-180mph. No WAY is my ’62 going to touch that. It’s been 142mph at the track, and it’s about out of gear. I have NO fear to drive the challenger in rain/snow, but I’d be scared to death to get caught in the rain on a warm summer day with the 275 pro’s on my ’62. They are just not the same thing…these cars are built to be driven all year round, and last for a long time while being abused. I know FOR SURE, I can’t say the same thing for my 9 second muscle…

I'll have to admit, you had me halfway out the door on my way to the Dodge dealer lol, good read!

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 07:45 PM

The thing with most of our old cars is that they are one trick pony's, they do well in a straight line and that's it. The new stuff IMO are better all around cars.
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 07:48 PM

I miss the hell out of my 13' R/T and it was only about 400 hp after mods. Really a blast to drive. Could imagine a Cat..

Posted By: BradH

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 08:11 PM

The thing with most of our old cars is that they are one trick pony's, they do well in a straight line and that's it. The new stuff IMO are better all around cars.

Yep. I like 'em all, the old and the new. I've really had the hots to get a Challenger Scat Pak over the last couple of years, but my future includes 3 kids who haven't even started college, so that sort of expense on a stoopid car isn't in the plan.

In the mean time, I'll still whip it thru the twisties in my modded '02 WRX, and finish putting The MoPig back on the street & track in its latest configuration. If nothing else, I figure I can fly the Old School flag at the strip every time my junk lays down a quicker pass than some $60K+ Heck Kitten. Joe Average's Heck Kitten probably isn't even as quick at the track as my car used to be w/ the old engine, either.

As far as the guys w/ modern cars that are / will be faster than my '73 Challenger, I guess they simply have a lot more disposable income than I do, or choose to spend it differently.

It's all good.

drive

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 08:22 PM

The price of these current hellcats and the future car are not that out of line, look back to the early vipers, the zr1 corvette at nearly 70k in the early 90-s.

I think they are being very smart but soon they will have to figure out how to one up themselves in areas other then HP, weight maybe?

Smart marketing, keep feeding the masses with something new and better, faster, every couple years... Its worked on the challenger so far.

I bought a 95 ZR1 to store, but I waited too long to sell, when the Z06 came out the ZR1 lost 40% of its value.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 08:34 PM

The price of these current hellcats and the future car are not that out of line, look back to the early vipers, the zr1 corvette at nearly 70k in the early 90-s.

But how are they selling now that the initial buzz has subsided? I checked the inventory yesterday of the huge Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer near where I work and they're still sitting on four (4) 2016 'Cats, about the same # of 2016 SRTs, and even a couple of 2016 Scat Packs (with and without the Shaker option). All of their 2017s are SXTs and R/Ts; I'm presuming they're not bringing in any of the higher priced 2017 "hot rod" models since they haven't moved last year's.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 10:28 PM

Thumper you dont have to defend your opinion, I lived through the 80's and 90's when Chrysler products were a total shame, I held my head down alot in those days. Guess what, I love my 72 Dart to man. The things things these new cars are capable of is down right impressive, and its ok to acknowledge that fact without criticizing the old iron too. The new cars WILL NEVER be s cool as the old stuff, but bada$$ it most certain is.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 10:32 PM

Does anyone know how many hellcats been sold vs total producion?

Originally Posted By BradH

But how are they selling now that the initial buzz has subsided? I checked the inventory yesterday of the huge Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer near where I work and they're still sitting on four (4) 2016 'Cats, about the same # of 2016 SRTs, and even a couple of 2016 Scat Packs (with and without the Shaker option). All of their 2017s are SXTs and R/Ts; I'm presuming they're not bringing in any of the higher priced 2017 "hot rod" models since they haven't moved last year's.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 10:38 PM

They have sold everyone produced up until a few months ago.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 11:04 PM

If you want to hear some real bitching, go over to Hellcat.org. Some of those guys are fit to be tied. I guess I would be too if I was set to lose 20 large or more. And become a second class citizen behind these new models.

Of course much of that depends on how much these new models will go for and how many will be available.

Watching this play out is the next best thing to actually owning one.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 11:06 PM

The cricket jumps, the wise owl watches.... it dont pay to be trendy at times.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/13/17 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By DaveRS23
If you want to hear some real bitching, go over to Hellcat.org. Some of those guys are fit to be tied. I guess I would be too if I was set to lose 20 large or more. And become a second class citizen behind these new models.

Of course much of that depends on how much these new models will go for and how many will be available.

I will assume the first year production will
be a 1000 cars.. if it flies more the next year
but IMO they need a better name for it.. the
Hellcat is a cool name
wave

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 12:58 AM

I think it is good to see Fiat pretty much squash Ford and Shivvy's hopes and dreams of ever building anything to claim the title of BMF'r on the planet. That to me is golden.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
I think it is good to see Fiat pretty much squash Ford and Shivvy's hopes and dreams of ever building anything to claim the title of BMF'r on the planet. That to me is golden.

The problem is still that GM and Ford are both
quicker on the 1/4 mile... Fiat has to get these
tanks lighter to compete
wave

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By ksj

Does that come with a $99,999 price tag, too? grin

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 01:31 AM

I agree they are porkers, but when you can walk away from those guys from 100mph roll on the freeway, that says it all to many.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 01:33 AM

You mean they bought them assuming they were "limited production / investment quality"? whistling

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 01:39 AM

Cats 707hp
wave

Are they going to spell it "Challanger", instead of "Challenger", too?

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 01:39 AM

I agree they are porkers, but when you can walk away from those guys from 100mph roll on the freeway, that says it all to many.

I hear ya... but they need to get a trophy
or something so the public can see or show
its the quickest out there.. GM stouts all
their awards DAILY which is crap in a lot
of them.. being it was a GM magazine that
gave the award.. but people dont know which
mag is who its sponsored by
wave

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 01:43 AM

How in the heck roll races. What are we going for a land speed record. Cheese and rice

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 01:51 AM

Cars are not measured performance wise only by their 1/4 mile times anymore man. I was just giving an example of a real world scenario that happens daily for some folks. I dont spose your Duster would be shine to well roll racing a Hellcat on the freeway would it?
Posted By: MattW

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 01:54 AM

If anyone is thinking a hellcat will turn into a 71 Hemi convertable in 40 plus years is a complete MORON.
From the start Fiat has said they will MASS produce these things and any dealer leaving one on the lot, waiting for the best price to sell will not receive another one to sell.
These cars are men't to last 5 to 7 years max, on regular driving. They want you to purchase another one and people will because 707 is not the king anymore.
Remember the first challenger 6.1 they had the 1 to 500 signature series. WOOPPIE doooo.
Now for the old verses new iron. WHO CARES! Build or buy what you want.
And for my post WHO CARES! like it or don't

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 01:56 AM

Come on PBR back in the old days on the street many had mis matched combos and as well alot of us would go from a light/dead stop then go from a 30 roll if one couldnt launch well or hook, or had to drive into that big cam.

And then yes at times, go hit the interstate... but we avoided that because anyone too lean would burn pistons then.

But yes, serious street races were always from the light unless agreed otherwise.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 01:59 AM

PBR *HATES* any street or grudge race lol trust me, he calls us bad words smile

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 02:02 AM

http://www.dodge.com/en/ifyouknowyouknow/

It's funny and good. Like to know if it's the same hardware as the hellcat? Block heads crank?

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 02:07 AM

Dang my no porn filter blocks that movie....

Probably the same setup, just "adjusted" the computer like VW did.... not!

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 02:23 AM

PBR *HATES* any street or grudge race lol trust me, he calls us bad words smile

Street racing is for kids that haven't grown up yet. Stick around as it may happen. Roll racing well that's just - - -. Grungy racing is for those that like lots of BS and then a little bit of racing. We never in our lives roll raced and our record on one night was 52 cars racing, not races, RACING. If you couldn't set up your car to hook take up tennis.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 02:47 AM

Does anyone know how many hellcats been sold vs total producion?

Total hellcats are over 23k. Not sure how much. But around 7k the first year and think it was 16-17k the second year. No clue how many made for the 2017 year
We did not buy in hopes it would stay king of the hill. We bought it cause it's one bad [censored]. And just cause a more powerful cat comes out will not change it

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 03:09 AM

We did not buy in hopes it would stay king of the hill. We bought it cause it's one bad [censored]. And just cause a more powerful cat comes out will not change it [/quote]

Well said.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 03:30 AM

tanks lighter to compete
wave

???! Do some searches on YouTube and there are plenty of Hellcat kills. Ford has nothing. The later model GT500's are close but no cigar. The new supercharged Vettes can MAYBE eek out a win but it's not a guarantee. Camaro's don't have it for the Hellcat either
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 04:07 AM

I'm hoping this does knock the Hellcat prices down. Then maybe I can trade my Shaker in one one. boogie

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet

tanks lighter to compete
wave

???! Do some searches on YouTube and there are plenty of Hellcat kills. Ford has nothing. The later model GT500's are close but no cigar. The new supercharged Vettes can MAYBE eek out a win but it's not a guarantee. Camaro's don't have it for the Hellcat either

I have seen the vette and mustang beat out the
hellcat myself at the local track... I didnt
like it much.. we had 3 hellcats out there that
day
wave

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 09:04 AM

Cats and the measly street tires don't stand a chance even with traction control. Add a set of drag radials and the other brands don't stand a chance even with tires. The extra 400 pounds the cat weighs isn't gonna make a difference..
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 03:11 PM

A 13/14 GT500 stock is pretty close to a manual trans hellcat, but has nothing for the auto cars. There are a ton of people who mod the GT500's because the aftermarket support is so good though.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 04:13 PM

If you couldn't set up your car to hook take up tennis.

i don't look very good in a skirt.......... biggrin
beer

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By HOTMOPR
Cats and the measly street tires don't stand a chance even with traction control. Add a set of drag radials and the other brands don't stand a chance even with tires. The extra 400 pounds the cat weighs isn't gonna make a difference..

a Z07 vette weighs close to 1,000lbs less... and has only 50 less hp...

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 04:33 PM

So what does a FACTORY Hellcat run in the quarter mile. I've seen Hot Rod run mid 11s. But I think that was with a tire change.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 09:15 PM

Have a buddy with a Z07 and a Hellcat. The Z07 s far and away a better car and faster hands down..
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Have a buddy with a Z07 and a Hellcat. The Z07 s far and away a better car and faster hands down..

Corvettes are 2-seater cars and to me their ugly lol. I'd much rather have a Challenger.
An older guy at one of our local car shows had a black Hellcat last summer, he put new drag radials on it, went to the track to get used to driving it hard and went an easy 11.05, I forget the MPH but 127 sticks in my head, might be wrong on that. But with seat time he'll be in the 10's.
And from what I've read, drag radials and race gas are all that is needed to dip right into the 1.60-10.80 area. up

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 10:20 PM

The Z07 went 10.90 on stock tires...Just sayin all around car the Vette is a fair better car. He has had both since new for a year or so and there is little comparison between them. I agree it is a 2 seater sports car but IMO just a way better all around car. But then again my all arounder is a 911 S

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 10:25 PM

So a 3200 lb car that runs 10.80's is by far superior to a 4300 lb car that runs 10.90's? To me I would love a Hellcat Charger, because as an ALL AROUND bully of a family car, it has no equal.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 10:26 PM

I think the Corvette is apples to oranges, the Camaro would be apples to apples.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 10:31 PM

Back in the late '70s who would have ever thought that in 40 years we'd be arguing over FACTORY 10 second cars? boogie
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/14/17 11:19 PM

All the "old school" guys get butthurt so easy and want to call out showroom cars to run against their RACE cars........LOL!!!!! How about put your race car back in showroom trim and see how it stacks up.

Why can't both sides just be happy that Mopar has SOMETHING from the factory that you can call a muscle car. Doesn't anybody remember the late 70s, then the 80s and 90s, when Mopar guys were crying the factory didn't make anything to compete with Camaros and Mustangs. Now we HAVE something and you guys are STILL whining.........as one here says....."cheese and rice". Get a grip. You don't want a new car, don't buy one, it's pretty simple.

My daily driver is a Mercedes with a measly 400 hp. But it will run 165 flat out, runs pretty damn quick at the track and will take most freeway exits at 100mph, looks good, is comfortable, fun to drive and don't have to work on it. Want to see how much is involved with keeping a FAST older car road worthy, while beating on it hard? All it requires is one trip on Drag Week

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/15/17 01:54 AM

Spot on Monte, I'd say that's the feeling of most but the vocal minority talks loudest
Posted By: unknown

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/15/17 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
All the "old school" guys get butthurt so easy and want to call out showroom cars to run against their RACE cars........LOL!!!!! How about put your race car back in showroom trim and see how it stacks up.

Why can't both sides just be happy that Mopar has SOMETHING from the factory that you can call a muscle car. Doesn't anybody remember the late 70s, then the 80s and 90s, when Mopar guys were crying the factory didn't make anything to compete with Camaros and Mustangs. Now we HAVE something and you guys are STILL whining.........as one here says....."cheese and rice". Get a grip. You don't want a new car, don't buy one, it's pretty simple.

My daily driver is a Mercedes with a measly 400 hp. But it will run 165 flat out, runs pretty damn quick at the track and will take most freeway exits at 100mph, looks good, is comfortable, fun to drive and don't have to work on it. Want to see how much is involved with keeping a FAST older car road worthy, while beating on it hard? All it requires is one trip on Drag Week
RIGHT !!!! Well said,, some people will never be happy.........
Posted By: GarageDodge

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/15/17 02:52 AM

Right,you can never please everybody.Yes I had old mopars when they were a few years old and still like them but their no comparson to a new challenger or charger,just drive a SRT.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/15/17 02:16 PM

There is a guy here locally who's auto hellcat ran 10.80s stock on slicks. He puts tons of passes on it and it is consistent in the 10.80s. He has since done a pulley and tune and it has been 10.25@137-8. He also does some road racing with it, last I talked to him he has had zero trouble with it.

I know he has had trouble with traction even on slicks. He was working on doing something to the rear brakes so it would fit a 15" rim vs a 17.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/15/17 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
The Z07 went 10.90 on stock tires...Just sayin all around car the Vette is a fair better car. He has had both since new for a year or so and there is little comparison between them. I agree it is a 2 seater sports car but IMO just a way better all around car. But then again my all arounder is a 911 S
[quote=Al_Alguire]

The Z07 is a bad ass car no doubt. It should be faster bone stock and is it. It also comes with the Michelin pilot sport tires which about as close to a slick as you can get on a factory car.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/15/17 03:48 PM

Four 9-sec hellcats in a row at the track, incl a Charger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9_X84G5wfM
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/15/17 07:14 PM

It could have been way worse for current Hellcat owners,the new top dog could have come from the competition. Atleast the new top dog is still a Challenger!

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/15/17 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By Malicious�
Four 9-sec hellcats in a row at the track, incl a Charger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9_X84G5wfM

Pretty cool. Any idea what's required to make that next jump in performance from showroom stock?

Also hoping all those cars are actually legal for those ETs, but I have no way of telling from that video.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/15/17 09:57 PM

None of the motors have been broke into
Pulleys and tune. Maybe a 50 shot
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/15/17 11:26 PM

If you don't like those 9 second Hellcats......you better check your pulse. Pretty damn neat.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/15/17 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By toplescuda

Do you want your coffee (or I mean Hellcat) with 1 power adder or 2. LOL. I'll take 2 please to get this lead-sled moving.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/16/17 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith

AMEN BROTHER!
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/16/17 12:07 AM

I guess I'm in the boat where I remember the days that my friends had Zs and mudstangs and all I had was my fwd 4 banger .. I wanted mopar to make a car I could race my buddies with, a car that put up a good fight and not 20 year old iron. Don't get me wrong I love my dart my dusters etc .. And I drive the wheels off of them. But I for one am so very excited about where we are and where we came from. People complain, and that's just people no one will ever be happy no matter what mopar does. I love to drive these cars and have a blast with them. I don't care if they are N/A or got 20 power adders .. Who cares, we have something to be happy about and can hang or even out perform the other brands.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/16/17 06:31 AM

Do you want your coffee (or I mean Hellcat) with 1 power adder or 2. LOL. I'll take 2 please to get this lead-sled moving.

Not all of them have spray, lots of them in the 9's on boost alone.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/16/17 06:43 AM

Not all of them have spray, lots of them in the 9's on boost alone.

Hey I raz you guys some but how can you not love these cars. Who in their right mind ever thought performance cars like this would ever hit the road again. To think that if fuel economy wasn't such a national ajenda engineers may have never headed in this direction. If I wasn't into racing like I am and loaded with both old style small and big block stuff I would own one. And who knows what tomorrow may bring. I for one can't wait to see the new Demons
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/16/17 07:00 AM

it was always my dream that the Avenger could have been introduced rwd and equipped with the 4.7 which would have become a platform for bigger and better things.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/16/17 01:18 PM

Wait till the vids of bone stock demons hiring the track. And you know someone won5 leave it stock.
Add a rollbar and a set of slicks. And if nothen breaks. It WILL be the talk of the town
Posted By: BobR

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/16/17 06:24 PM

So true, n/a probably not but my "opinion" still stands...........I don't drive my Dart cos it's comfy or gets good mileage, I drive/race it because it outperforms MOST people's expectations and hauls ass for what it is............... beer

New "muscle cars" give the best of both worlds. I've had a bunch of old cars. I sold most of them. The only crude "hot rod" left in my stable is my SC Cobra replica. Kept that for the cool factor. I just sold my ZR1 because that became too crude for me after my wife got her new CTS/V. One drive in that killed it for the Vette. Believe me, Dom, drive a new car with 600+ HP and you will have trouble going back.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/16/17 06:55 PM

Power potential for the new stuff is crazy too...

Magnuson is releasing a bigger blower for the hellcats... blower, injectors, and cat back exhaust made 870hp at the tire.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/16/17 09:11 PM

Magnuson is releasing a bigger blower for the hellcats... blower, injectors, and cat back exhaust made 870hp at the tire.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By cdwmotorsports

Same can be said about the Daytona trucks. Or 4 door chargers for that matter. Or even a 4 door daytona/super bee charger But most don't a problem with that lol

You're exactly correct. I have a problem with every one of those too.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 12:33 AM

They are being very smart, they have a market base on name alone.

Whos going to run down and look at the new "Dodge Ratchet"?

I wonder if the push the dart market in the 4 cylinder crowd?

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 12:48 AM

Look I'm not saying I wouldn't own a new muscle car. We owned a Road and Track R/T and loved it, a Hellcat is on the wish list but so is retiring in ten years and putting two kids through college. So a Hellcat is down the list quite a ways now. My 72 Demon will have to suffice for my speed itch.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 02:01 AM

Even if we can't afford one it's nice to have something to root for.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 02:19 AM

I am seriously thinking about one of these new supercharged monsters. But if I get one, I will likely have it for 10 or 15 years and only drive it 2,000 or 3,000 miles a year, based on my last few years with my current Cuda.

And I am concerned about the electronics holding up and the dealership's ability to deal with issues in the out years. 10 years from now, will everything electrical on these things still be working? And if they aren't, can we expect to get them diagnosed and parts supplied in a reasonable manner?

These things are totally computer dependent. And Fiat/Chrysler is notoriously tight with their info. Which could leave a guy in a real predicament. That is the only real thing holding me back from selling my Cuda and moving in on one of these monsters.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 03:49 AM

I seen pics of the adr challenger. And said it made 999 hp. A insider said a few went down the line last week
The adr and demon are 2 differnt cars

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 03:51 AM

Pics of the adr. Can't see in this pic. But rotors are drilled and slotted. Normal cat rotors are not

Attached picture Screenshot_20170116-180342.png
Attached picture Screenshot_20170116-180107.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 04:17 AM

Oh crap! Now I really want one.................

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 05:31 AM

Whipple makes a bolt on 4.5L blower for them too, yikes..

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 07:05 AM

Let me guess. 999 HP runs 9.99 and costs 85k?

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 07:54 AM

https://www.facebook.com/MeanMopars/posts/680027608788869

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 03:18 PM

Now Fiat SHOULD release a plug and play system for the 6.2 AND 8 speed tranny!
They are almost there.
Can you imagine a complete system that only requires a vehicle to put it in.
What would be a good price tag?
Matt
Posted By: Adrielp

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 04:35 PM

I really wish the flares were molded in so that it appeared more seamless. I think it would make the flare to body transition look a little more cleaner. Looks just a little bit clunky. Love the new age take on the Coronet/Belvedere style scoop.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 07:21 PM

The Demon and the ADR are two different cars, right?

Oh, one NO vote on the fender flares. I'd already seen some spy photos of them and think they look like an afterthought.

Good news: If I raid my kids college fund and break open a piggybank or two, I can buy one outright.

Bad news: My wife & kids would make me seriously regret having done it before the engine cooled off after the first drive home from the dealership.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 08:17 PM

The car has a "racing fuel" button on the dash that sets it up for E85. Car also ships with dummy wheels/tires and the real ones get installed at the dealership. Wont fit on the truck with them.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/17/17 08:19 PM

To the right of the SRT button, launch, racing fuel

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/18/17 04:09 PM

The Demon and the ADR are two different cars, right?

My understanding is that the Demon is the ADR but I could be all wet.

Don't raid the college fund!

Bill
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/18/17 08:05 PM

is it true the engine makes 1000 reliable hp on race fuel, but is detuned to 800hp on pump gas?
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/18/17 08:47 PM

I hope it doesn't come in hedder orange with shiny wheels.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/19/17 12:58 AM

Well that looks DORKY. Fender flares belong on a 4X4 truck... Not on an 800 HP car. Looks so cheap like an after thought.
Just do a body in white and send it over to Hurst/Roush so they can do them right. Modify the inner fenders. I know there is a lot more to it than just that. but I really do not care for the fender flares.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/19/17 01:00 AM

The flares are there to clear 315's at all corners. That being the case, im all about them flares! FINALLY giving these boats the rubber they need.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/19/17 01:33 AM

work I'm thinking Tim Kuniskis and Ryan Kim are just laughing their
ASSES off right about now, reading all the buzz about the newest/latest/greatest from Dodge on all the Mopar related forum websites! laugh2

I was blessed to have gotten the opportunity to be able to test drive
TWO pre-production/prototype Hellcat Challengers during the time frame
I worked at Roush as a driver a few years ago! I love all the "old iron"...and as others have said..the new iron ie: Hellcat Charger/Challenger is just freakin AWESOME in this day and age! We truly are living in a cool time in history! twocents

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/19/17 01:55 AM

Well that looks DORKY. Fender flares belong on a 4X4 truck... Not on an 800 HP car. Looks so cheap like an after thought.
Just do a body in white and send it over to Hurst/Roush so they can do them right. Modify the inner fenders. I know there is a lot more to it than just that. but I really do not care for the fender flares.

They are a cheap afterthought...and that's exactly why they are on the car...

I can't imagine what the tooling bill would be on all of those stampings to "do it right" as you say...

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/19/17 04:13 AM

The demon and ADR are not the same car. From what my friend that works at dodge told me the ADR will look pretty much the same but will be 500 pounds lighter than the lighter Demon. They will have a rear seat delete and seam sealer delete, skinnies up front and other lightening mods. He isn't sure about a HP increase over the demon. He also said to expect single digit ETs with the demon and a Nitto drag radial from the factory.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/19/17 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By HOTMOPR
The demon and ADR are not the same car.

That really would be cool and I hope that is the case, just not what others have been saying, which does not make it wrong.
Bill

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/19/17 04:33 PM

This weeks video is out:

http://www.dodge.com/en/ifyouknowyouknow/

It implies the car is lighter, don't know if it's 50lbs or 500. One can read a lot into it, or not...

It also appears its going to have the cool scoop reminiscent of the 65-67 Hemi scoops.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/19/17 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By thedriver

When everyone gets butt hurt so easily one wonders if they bleed every month.

I get mad respect in other places so will head over there so some of you can pound on your chest's some more..........good day........... blah

Dude, Mr Banger, swat approved, the only real man on moparts,dont tread on me.... most the time you want to act like billy bad boy and here some dont buy the thug crap, now ya want to get thin skin and run off cause some wont recognize....get over yourself mr mad respect and jump back in the pool here, the waters not that cold.

It took a bit of effort to read this and not respond right away as I usually would but didn't happen and took time to execute this "correctly". We were talking about old vs new and all of this other stuff but YOU decided to bring up my past and crap that would have you crying like a baby in the fetal position in the corner Mr. parakeet NON EVIL. You know nothing about me and like most ladies, you sit and "safely" jab insults from your comfy little computer acting so "tough" yourself so put that in your pipe n smoke it and last time I checked, this was called "Unlawfls Race & Engine Tech" which I THOUGHT we were discussing...........Little pond hugh? My name has appeared in 3 national magazines in a year(Thankxxx much guys)........how bout you homey........... tsk

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/20/17 01:18 AM

This is pretty much set in stone

Attached picture Screenshot_20170119-170424.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/20/17 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By ksj

I said this originally as a joke, then recalled that a new Drag Pak 426 NA is $100K, and the 354 SC is $105K. So, I guess nothing would surprise me at this point.
Posted By: BobR

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/20/17 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By ksj

I said this originally as a joke, then recalled that a new Drag Pak 426 NA is $100K, and the 354 SC is $105K. So, I guess nothing would surprise me at this point.

That would be a deal that I would consider. My ZR1 cost 25 grand more.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/20/17 06:20 PM

Number I have heard tossed around is 85k

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/26/17 04:11 PM

New pics of it
They had the drag radials made just for this car

Attached picture Screenshot_20170126-072501.png
Attached picture Screenshot_20170126-072420.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/26/17 04:13 PM

Wheels are 18x11

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/26/17 04:43 PM

https://youtu.be/DDJip8RHn-8

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/26/17 04:51 PM

What's the significance of the plate?

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/26/17 05:09 PM

Dodge always leaves easter eggs. So there is something there that has to do with the car. Be awsome if made 36 pounds boost lol

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/26/17 05:15 PM

Wonder if the demon tail on wheel lip is points for wheel screws?
They are not gonna go all trouble to put one Lil tail/arrow on the wheel lip. And we can't see rest of the wheel. Deff a reason it's there
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/26/17 07:02 PM

Could the plate numbers mean anything if they were metric measurements?
Airflow, HP,????????

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/26/17 07:43 PM

There's this train of thought:

http://driving.ca/dodge/auto-news/news/looks-like-dodges-demon-will-have-awd-912-lb-ft-of-torque

But from reading around AWD is a definite no go. Plus the drag radials wouldn't be needed

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 12:28 AM

He is just assuming so his number are all way off. He is assuming same rear as hellcat. The hellcat has a 2.62 rearend gear. The demon has a 3.09 (blows that theory)
Insiders in the plant that have seen the car (few have already went down the line) have said car is rear drive only

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 12:58 AM

It happens to be the Displacement of the Blower. 2576cc The Hellcats is 2380 cc

So whats the 35?? PSI, I didn't figure it out, not really sure what it is, Could be the blower PSI. But the Motor trend guys that got the info, say 35 PSI is to high at the blower, and say it could translate to 20 PSI manifold to make sense.

Whatever it is, I want one. I Got One Coming up

Someday/Sometime, Maybe. laugh2

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 05:18 AM

Bang shift had a good point, you can hear the blower whine in the video. That blower whine is way more pronounced than the current hellcat.

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 06:31 AM

Could be 257.6 lbs lighter and 3.5" wider (it is 3.5" wider with the new rubber and flares and they said over 200lbs lighter)
Posted By: vindicator

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 09:10 AM

You may be correct, there is a pound sign in front of the 2576

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 04:06 PM

I think that is the best guiess also
Posted By: fjmg

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 05:05 PM

Maybe.....
2576x.35=901hp????????

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 06:01 PM

Watching the last vid with smoke shooting out from under back of car...does that not remind you of open headers or cutouts/dumps of some sort?
The exhaust tips are at the corners of the rear of car. That's is deff is not what is blowing the smoke back.....watch the vid and give your thoughts on this please

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 06:09 PM

And about the weight loss. IIRC the Maserati Ghibli and Quattroporte also use the same platform, but use aluminum and other light weight materials where the Dodge's use stamped steel. So they may have raided the Maserati parts bin to shave a few pounds if these are actual interchangeable chassis items.
Posted By: thedriver

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 07:10 PM

My first thought was it has exhaust relocated to the center under the licence plate...

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 08:26 PM

That's not where the exhaust tips are at
You can see them closer to the corners of the car. Where the smoke is blowing straight out near the center

Attached picture Screenshot_20170127-122244.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 11:12 PM

I think that is the best guess also

Wrong, laugh2 and I,ll tell you why. The 2576 is the number of cc,s of the blower. The fact that, that number would be on the plate Just by Chance, would be almost 14,000,000 to 1

Now the suggestion that it may be the weight difference of the car compared to the hellcat, and the fact that that number also, Just happens to match the cc,s of the new blower, Not possible IMO. devil laugh2

But, I really don't know 100% maybe 80%, wouldn't bet my life on it though. up grin

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 11:24 PM

The smoke is tire smoke getting blown back by the exhaust. See it a million times at the drags.
Posted By: dustaboy74

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/27/17 11:31 PM

I read one one site and what sounded like the best guess was that the #2576 stood for lbs and the 35 was psi and was directly correlated with the tires. The load rating of 2576lbs at 35 psi air pressure. This is high considering the current drag radial nittos are ~1900lbs max load rating.

This sounded right since each of the videos they have put out have dealt directly with one aspect of the car (first video was weight, this newest video is tires).

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/28/17 12:58 AM

Can anyone say if they changed the coil pack for the Demon?
I know the 6.2 Hellcat uses the same coil as the 6.1 and 6.4.
IF the blower is pushing 35psi I would think they needed to upgrade the coil.
Hemiup found this out will pushing 28 PSI through a 6.1. IIRC
Matt

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/28/17 01:08 AM

The blower is not pushing 35 pounds. Heck it not pushing 25 pounds lol

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/28/17 01:35 AM

The blower is not pushing 35 pounds. Heck it not pushing 25 pounds lol

Thats what I'm thinking.
Someone awhile back mentioned the original Hellcat engine was capable of much more. In fact they had to de tune it twice because the powers to be thought is was too much HP and didn't want to overshadow the flagship VIPER.
Don't know how much truth is to it.
Matt

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/28/17 03:28 AM

If they had a blower that could push 35 psi it would have about 2000 hp
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/28/17 06:04 AM

Missing a golden opportunity here.....

Put a beefier AWD chassis under it, weight would not matter eiththat kind of power AND AWD traction

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/28/17 08:53 AM

Originally Posted By dustaboy74
I read one one site and what sounded like the best guess was that the #2576 stood for lbs and the 35 was psi and was directly correlated with the tires. The load rating of 2576lbs at 35 psi air pressure. This is high considering the current drag radial nittos are ~1900lbs max load rating.

This sounded right since each of the videos they have put out have dealt directly with one aspect of the car (first video was weight, this newest video is tires).

Ok, that could be it. But what a Boring Spec, Why would they advertise that. Most people don't know if that's impressive or not. I certainly wouldn't put That spec on a License plate to impress anyone.

My New truck tires are rated at #3250 @ 45 PSI, Sweet, the New Demon Hellcat, sucks compared to my tires Specs.

I Need a Friggen New license plate.

See, That Cant be it. drive shruggy
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/29/17 04:58 PM

I know nothing about Twitter but isn't the # a 'hashtag'?

Maybe thereis a clue there?
Posted By: KISSAlien

Re: Challanger Demon - 01/31/17 10:18 PM

So the rear seats and the passenger seat are optional.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/31/2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-seats-weight-loss/

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/01/17 02:04 AM

Some info

Attached picture Screenshot_20170131-175225.png
Posted By: 300by500

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/01/17 04:30 PM

New write-up claims there's only one seat in it to save weight...

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-dodge-challenger-demon-will-only-have-one-seat-to-save-weight/

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/01/17 09:31 PM

Will be option if ya want it
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/01/17 09:51 PM

Will be option if ya want it

Uncharted territory. Anyone know what the air-bag configuration is???

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/01/17 10:10 PM

I think they are deliberately putting disinformation out there about the two cars twocents

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/02/17 11:20 AM

Another article says drag radials on all four corners and possible AWD.

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/02/17 04:00 PM

After the new vid. It clearly shows skinny front tires. So to end it once and for all......it's not awd.....
Posted By: moparjimbo

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/02/17 10:47 PM

That is wierd since earlier they said it came with 315 fronts and made a point of it being the widest fronts on a production car or whatever...

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/03/17 02:28 AM

Car will come with 315s on all 4 corners. And a extra set of skinny to put on front if you like

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/03/17 03:13 AM

Car will come with 315s on all 4 corners. And a extra set of skinny to put on front if you like

So AWD, is Back on?? laugh2

Seems like nothing is set in stone yet, on this car. I myself don't see this car being a AWD, it would add way to much weight. Exactly what they are trying to reduce.
Posted By: barracuda7199

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/03/17 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By Sport440

So AWD, is Back on?? laugh2

Seems like nothing is set in stone yet, on this car. I myself don't see this car being a AWD, it would add way to much weight. Exactly what they are trying to reduce.

I would imagine that the skinny's would be for drag racing or just someone who likes the big and littles look. Seems like a leave no stone uncovered type of car. Pretty cool what is coming out of Detroit and to think not to long ago performance was thought to be dead.

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/03/17 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By barracuda7199
[quote=

Pretty cool what is coming out of Detroit and to think not to long ago performance was thought to be dead.

Absolutely, up bow beer

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/03/17 03:56 AM

The car is fact NOT awd

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/04/17 07:15 PM

Wonder if we'll get a serious Super Bowl preview???

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/05/17 05:22 AM

About the demon???? No. There is a vid to be released ever thur morn leading up to the reveal in april. So will be nothen shown that hasn't been already
Posted By: 300by500

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/05/17 06:39 PM

Definitely not AWD. In this video the guy in the helmet is seen with a floor jack and a cordless impact, ready to install a pair of pizza cutter wheels and tires up front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88Z1UYuMAD4

drive

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/09/17 08:07 PM

New pics of the car from today's vid release
Also dodge says car has the largest air grabber to be on a production car at 45 square inches

Attached picture Screenshot_20170209-104156.png
Attached picture Screenshot_20170209-104225.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/09/17 08:10 PM

Attached picture Screenshot_20170209-104317.png
Attached picture Screenshot_20170209-104338.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/09/17 08:12 PM

The skinny tires that come for the front

Attached picture Screenshot_20170209-114044.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/17/17 02:46 AM

Pic of the drag radial wrinkling up. Lol pretty bad ass for stock assembly line production

Attached picture Screenshot_20170216-153643.png
Attached picture Screenshot_20170216-153608.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/17/17 03:34 AM

Pic of the drag radial wrinkling up. Lol pretty bad ass for stock assembly line production

And wrinkling a LOW profile drag rad at that! It appears the suspension is planting the power REALLY well!

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/17/17 03:42 AM

I so wish could trade our cat in for one...lol
Posted By: dvw

Re: Challanger Demon - 02/17/17 05:34 AM

Saw 3 of them sitting at work today.
Doug

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/09/17 04:19 PM

Seen new vid shows the car pulls 1.45 g on launch. But 0-60mph was only 3 seconds. 1/4 10.5 @129. Showed 1/8 mile 6.6 at125mph

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/09/17 05:28 PM

Seen new vid shows the car pulls 1.45 g on launch. But 0-60mph was only 3 seconds. 1/4 10.5 @129. Showed 1/8 mile 6.6 at125mph

Wanna double check that 1/8th MPH?

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/09/17 06:05 PM

I think the car will gain more than 4 mph in 660'. My buddy's Hellcat Charger was going 125-126 in the 1/4 in mineshaft air at Sonoma a few weeks ago. I didn't see the slip but you can figure that the car probably will make about 35-40 mph on the big end so 129 - 35-40mph =???

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/09/17 06:12 PM

I screen shot it. That's deff what it says.

Attached picture Screenshot_20170309-071233.png
Attached picture Screenshot_20170309-073443.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/09/17 11:03 PM

And its Definitely wrong. Screen shot or not. Doesn't jive with any of the other numbers.

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/10/17 12:07 AM

My POS... 6.6 at 101+ 1/8th, 10.5 at 126 1/4.

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/10/17 12:19 AM

There ya go! I was probably exaggerating the 35-40 thing because that's really moving but with the blower maybe 30 mph???

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/10/17 02:20 PM

Update on some of the new things for the demon

Attached picture Screenshot_20170310-061536.png
Attached picture Screenshot_20170310-061601.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/10/17 02:31 PM

Can you elaborate or or are there any pics of the "hole-shot" wheels? Is that just a description, or the company who manufactured them?

Just saw the "wrinkling tire" pic. But still curious.

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/10/17 02:58 PM

The stock wheels on it ?
It's just the drag radial it comes with on a stock black 5 spoke 11x18 wheel

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/10/17 06:39 PM

The stock wheels on it ?
It's just the drag radial it comes with on a stock black 5 spoke 11x18 wheel

I was wondering why the called the wheels "hole-shot" in the description list you posted.

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/11/17 12:55 AM

Hmmm I never caught that. Yeah I don't know

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/11/17 04:36 PM

A local Hellcat owner who seems to be pretty well connected has heard that the intercooler will also get chilled by the AC compressor.

Anyone heard that?

How about price rumors. Some saying very limited production with big dealer markups may make them pretty pricy.

Bill

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 04:10 AM

Any time you have a limited production car there is big Mark up
Was posted on the Hellcat board today. Pending passing smog testing. Will have 1000hp at crank
It's good times at mopar right now. With the hemi being gone 2-3 years. Mopar is going out with. A bang

Attached picture Screenshot_20170311-073411.png
Attached picture Screenshot_20170311-073526.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By Locomotion
Can you elaborate or or are there any pics of the "hole-shot" wheels? Is that just a description, or the company who manufactured them?

I asked the insider. He said the "hole shot" wheels was just the name the srt people gave the wheel
That when it is delivered will have the 4 315 drag radials on it. And the 2 skinny wheels will be part of the chest (not sure if have to pay extra for that)

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 05:48 AM

Best I can do on the wheel

Attached picture Screenshot_20170311-213436.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 06:06 PM

If it has close to 1000hp.... Damn!!!!! Can anyone with a newer Challenger tell me if the trunk is big enough to live in? I might be selling my house. smile

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By 4406forPOWER
If it has close to 1000hp.... Damn!!!!! Can anyone with a newer Challenger tell me if the trunk is big enough to live in? I might be selling my house. smile

Yes, the trunk is very spacious.
Posted By: 1mean340

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 06:29 PM

Am I the only one puzzled by the fact that they are supposedly trying to make this a 'drag car' street car, but they didn't put a solid rear in it like the body in white cars? I mean how much money are you going to spend reinforcing the independent rear and then designing high tech traction control systems to prevent things like wheel hop when you could have just put the RIGHT rear suspension/axle in the car in the first place?

If you were trying to build an all around car then it makes perfect sense to keep the independant rear, but the more I hear about this car the less I think it is meant to be or is going to be anything even remotely competitive in the handling department.

Certain things just seem like a total waste of money, like selling it with custom 3xx series front wheels and tires when it is geared towards drag racing. Those can't be cheap, and who is really going to use them (and for what?)

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 07:05 PM

MSRP + ADM = $100K

Just another rich guy's toy to which I can no longer relate.
Posted By: 5280Dart

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 07:47 PM

... With the hemi being gone 2-3 years. Mopar is going out with. A bang

Anyone else have information on the end of the gen III pending?

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 09:05 PM

MSRP + ADM = $100K

Just another rich guy's toy to which I can no longer relate.

But we still don't know MSRP right? I'm thinking the early cars will exceed 100k

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 09:41 PM

Have they said how wide these things are outside one rear fender flare to the outside of the other?

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 10:54 PM

The flares add 3 1/2 inches to width of car
This car has a new system to help prevent wheel hop. If it can pull a 1.45 g. Then it must work pretty well

It coming with the 315s on all 4 corners. If you put the skinnys on front. You now have a extra set for the rear

Not mentioned cause hellcats already have them is the launch control (basically a form of trans brake.....I know on our car (stick shift) I can set it anywhere from 2200-4000 rpm shove clutch in hit it. Hold gas to floor and it will stay at that rpm till I release clutch

Yes it pointed at a track car. But dodge wants this on the road and in public eye. Not pampered like a piece of gold in someone garage

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By 5280Dart
... With the hemi being gone 2-3 years. Mopar is going out with. A bang

Anyone else have information on the end of the gen III pending?

From ALLPAR.COM 2021.
450 000 engines a year since 2003. Plenty of blocks out there.
Matt

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 11:43 PM

I was referring to you won't be able to buy a vehicle with a hemi base motor after 2020. Will be v6 turbo/twin turbo cars

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/12/17 11:46 PM

I thought just the 5.7 was getting cut?

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/13/17 12:18 AM

The 5.7 is just the first to go

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/13/17 12:58 AM

I asked the insider. He said the "hole shot" wheels was just the name the srt people gave the wheel
That when it is delivered will have the 4 315 drag radials on it. And the 2 skinny wheels will be part of the chest (not sure if have to pay extra for that)

Thanks. "hole-shot" caught my attention because I have Holeshot brand wheels on my car and they are here near Daytona. Too bad they couldn't have gotten the Drag Pak wheel contract instead of Bogart (Last I heard.)

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/13/17 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By 1mean340
Am I the only one puzzled by the fact that they are supposedly trying to make this a 'drag car' street car, but they didn't put a solid rear in it like the body in white cars? I mean how much money are you going to spend reinforcing the independent rear and then designing high tech traction control systems to prevent things like wheel hop when you could have just put the RIGHT rear suspension/axle in the car in the first place?

If you were trying to build an all around car then it makes perfect sense to keep the independant rear, but the more I hear about this car the less I think it is meant to be or is going to be anything even remotely competitive in the handling department.

Certain things just seem like a total waste of money, like selling it with custom 3xx series front wheels and tires when it is geared towards drag racing. Those can't be cheap, and who is really going to use them (and for what?)

Hey, a guy w/some common sense............love it........I'm not the only bad guy here.......... laugh2

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/13/17 05:20 PM

Was posted on the Hellcat board today. Pending passing smog testing. Will have 1000hp at crank
It's good times at mopar right now. With the hemi being gone 2-3 years. Mopar is going out with. A bang

Ft looks kinda like a new Mustwang........... drinking

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/14/17 02:49 AM

The SRT cars after 2020 will still have V8's, the R/T was supposed to switch to twin turbo V6 power but the EPA is being looked at now and the 2022 54.5 MPG fleet average is likely going away. The 5.7 hemi costs less to build than the Pentastar V6, so if the MPG rules get rolled back expect that engine, or an updated version of it to live on for many years in typical ChryCo fashion.

POTUS meeting with the Detroit 3 CEO's about it this week http://www.autonews.com/article/20170313...ules-in-detroit

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/14/17 02:52 AM

Wheels are manufactured by Holeshot

http://www.holeshotwheels.com/

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/15/17 04:09 AM

I had asked hole shot about some wheels before. And was told they would not hold up to street driving. And many on yellow bullet said they bend easy. I can't see them making a wheel for a 4500 # car (with driver) every day drive ing on street

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/15/17 05:46 AM

Yes, Malicious needs to find a legitimate source. tsk
Holeshot doesn't manufacture anything like the Demon wheels. Theirs are mainly lightweight 3-piece versions with their fully CNC machined one piece styles limited to fronts only. I've been associated with Holeshot and running their wheels for over 20 years and they are less than a 1/2 hour away from me. As mentioned earlier, their race-only wheels would have been appropriate for the Drag Pacs. I couldn't imagine another wheel company called "Holeshot".

There is another guy here in Daytona who deals with exotic wheels for other applications, but it's a different company with another name.

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/15/17 06:08 AM

I asked Resume speed about them. His reply was" it's just the name the guys gave the wheel"

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/15/17 06:12 AM

I also looked on hole shot site. And didn't even see a 18 wheel
But regardless. The wheels thay make are very light and not for street use
Think dodge is gonna slap some of them onto a car and sell to public and hope no one bends one (warrenty) or wreck from a damaged wheel
Posted By: gtsdude

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/17/17 03:50 PM

The new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hb3PLfhYfU

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/17/17 06:01 PM

That is a bad ass video............. thumbs

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/17/17 07:59 PM

Holeshot doesn't manufacture anything like the Demon wheels. Theirs are mainly lightweight 3-piece versions with their fully CNC machined one piece styles limited to fronts only. I've been associated with Holeshot and running their wheels for over 20 years and they are less than a 1/2 hour away from me. As mentioned earlier, their race-only wheels would have been appropriate for the Drag Pacs. I couldn't imagine another wheel company called "Holeshot".

There is another guy here in Daytona who deals with exotic wheels for other applications, but it's a different company with another name.

Insider on allpar oh20 said they were made by Holeshot - and if true, they would be made by them to FCA's specs, not something off their shelf. Just like the tires on the thing.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/17/17 08:00 PM

Allpar posts lots of bad info, can't beleive it's so popular

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/17/17 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By HotRodDave
Allpar posts lots of bad info, can't beleive it's so popular

I know, but oh20 has been a legit info leaker for years. I wouldn't trust anyone else on that site though. Not to mention if you aren't a certified Chrysler *** swinger you'll be insta banned.

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/17/17 11:31 PM

I have zero faith in anyone from gaypar (allpar) and yes bunch of babies on that site. And everyone of them thinks that "no one knows more then the people on allpar"

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/18/17 12:49 AM

Insider on allpar oh20 said they were made by Holeshot - and if true, they would be made by them to FCA's specs, not something off their shelf. Just like the tires on the thing.

Let me rephrase what I said.....Holeshot does not make that type of wheel because they don't have the capability of making it. They make lightweight drag wheels, not heavier street legal stuff. (Although, like other race-only brands, some people do drive with them on the street.) Their wheels are mainly CNC'd, not forged (or however the Demon wheels are made.)

Bottom line is that the Demon wheels are not made by Holeshot Wheels in Bunnell, FL. The publicity can't hurt, just gotta look elsewhere for the actual source. The owner did find it a little humorous.

But now I am curious about FCA's Drag Pac wheel contract. work

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/18/17 02:53 AM

Myron - I'm 99% sure the new Drag Pak wheels are Bogart D10s... and I want a set! drool

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/18/17 03:41 AM

Myron - I'm 99% sure the new Drag Pak wheels are Bogart D10s... and I want a set! drool

Yea, that's what I heard. Might be a long term contract.

Re: Challanger Demon - 03/18/17 09:23 AM

If I had to guiess. The demon wheels (at least what have seen) are cast. I doubt that they have someone cut some billet. Wheels for the demon's
And they did they would had to started long time ag . Unless the plan is to only make 500-1000 cars

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/11/17 12:14 PM

6Here is a image flash. In the last judgement day vid (around the 9 sec mark) it would seam that it's yanking the front wheels to get the rocker panel at that angle
So. Based on that image. How far off the ground would the front wheels be. To achieve a rocker panel angle like that on a new challenger?

Attached picture 20170411_042157.png
Posted By: gtsdude

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 04:20 AM

The reveal
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3vD6A6NxySQ

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 04:35 AM

hotrod.com has a ton of info on it

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 04:44 AM

WOW!

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 06:05 AM

Time slip
One of the in the know guys said the car has more. I'm sure more details will come out over the next few days

Attached picture Screenshot_20170411-220002.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 06:06 AM

Said pulled a 1.8 g on the launch. That's killer

Attached picture Screenshot_20170411-204037.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 06:09 AM

I seen a pic that had front tires a little higher but had a line through the pic so I didn't save it

Attached picture Screenshot_20170411-202408.png

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 06:15 AM

For the guys that didn't watch it live. Said car will have 8 pounds boost at the tree. And will be at full boost(14) in just 6 feet
0-30 mph in one second 0-100 5.1 second . 60-0mph in 98 feet (with the skinny tires on it)

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 06:28 AM

https://youtu.be/3vD6A6NxySQ
Posted By: racerx

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 12:31 PM

Any ideal on the base pricing on these work ?
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 02:30 PM

Ive read a lot of negative crap on the car on facebook. Where the real keyboard cowboys roam....

Its freakin insane! period!

As for the cage and NHRA ban. I figured that would happen as they are not going to put a NHRA certified cage n a production car since its a huge safety concern with out a helmet. I know theres gonna be cages available either through Mopar for ten times its worth, or through the aftermarket.

At my dealership I know there are 2 guys who have already put cash down. 1 guy wants 1 other uy wants 2. So ill post pixs when that happens!!
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 03:55 PM

It's a good time to be a Mopar man.

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 04:19 PM

Notice the lack of body/chassis flex in both pics posted above, seems like a very rigid platform, wonder if its more then a base challenger?

Pigs can really fly, since many have called the challenger a big pig due to its size.

I also wonder what back to back runs with only the front tire change would produce, id bet zero.

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/12/17 05:29 PM

Notice the lack of body/chassis flex in both pics posted above, seems like a very rigid platform, wonder if its more then a base challenger?

Pigs can really fly, since many have called the challenger a big pig due to its size.

I also wonder what back to back runs with only the front tire change would produce, id bet zero.

Get them will you can cuz I do believe the writing is in the wall.
Matt

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By rickseeman
It's a good time to be an independently wealthy Mopar man.

Updated to reflect reality for the majority of the people on here.

Love the car -- well, except for the fender flairs -- but it's a total effing pipe dream for most folks.
Posted By: D-50

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 02:39 AM

[quote=rickseeman]It's a good time to be an independently wealthy Mopar man.

Love the car -- well, except for the fender flairs -- but it's a total effing pipe dream for most folks.[/quote) The 1970 Hemi Cuda's were probably pretty expensive when they came out also. Especially the insurance.

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By D-50
[quote=rickseeman]It's a good time to be an independently wealthy Mopar man.

Love the car -- well, except for the fender flairs -- but it's a total effing pipe dream for most folks.[/quote) The 1970 Hemi Cuda's were probably pretty expensive when they came out also. Especially the insurance.

Kinda the thought that came to mind for me too. Not that many people had the scratch for Hemi, Boss, or L-88 cars either.

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
Originally Posted By D-50
Originally Posted By rickseeman
It's a good time to be an independently wealthy Mopar man.

Love the car -- well, except for the fender flairs -- but it's a total effing pipe dream for most folks.
The 1970 Hemi Cuda's were probably pretty expensive when they came out also. Especially the insurance.

Kinda the thought that came to mind for me too. Not that many people had the scratch for Hemi, Boss, or L-88 cars either.

Understood, but a '69 Hemi Road Runner wasn't twice the price of a '69 440 6 BBL Road Runner, whereas the new SRT Demon is going to be about twice what a Scat Pack Challenger costs. A Hellcat is probably closer in your analogy, though I'm not sure that's even an accurate comparison.

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 04:07 PM

I also look at it this way, IF you have to be the first to have one you'll pay a lot more than if you wait. Dodge was only going to produce what, 1500 Hellcats? First in line paid a premium, and cars are sitting on lots unsold now because they really made 3300. Patience will be a virtue...... laugh2

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 05:37 PM

My uncle ( by marriage) bought a '68 Road runner brand new. I asked why he didn't get the hemi. He said it was $800 on a $3,000 car....
Posted By: 1mean340

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 05:53 PM

This car is freaking awesome, but just to put things into perspective, this isn't a "muscle car". It is really a high end exotic for the price that people are speculating it will sell for.

Let's take a look at something. In 1969 a COPO or YENKO camaro, the Hellcat Demon of its day, sold for around $4000 at a time when average annual household incomes were around $6000

Today, the hellcat demon will likely sell for almost 100k at a time when average annual household incomes are around $55k. LOL

Granted, this is the kind of inflation we have seen throughout the whole automotive industry, but still.

I think this car is great, and I would love to own one if I had the money, but I think the fact that it doesn't seem to even be trying to be a great all around car or a top competitor in the handling department kind of takes away from the accomplishment a little bit. If you are just looking to go fast in a straight line, you could build a 9 second car for a hell of a lot cheaper with mostly any late model platform these days. Building something like a Z06 vette that runs 10's, runs down italian super cars on road race tracks, gets 22mpg on the highway and can be comfortably daily driven is far more difficult. While the hellcat is clearly the king of its domain, I feel like the accomplishment for the price tag doesn't impress me as much with it being a one trick pony.

I'd much rather put that engine/drivetrain in my 1970 challenger if I was only looking for 1/4 mile performance.
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 07:41 PM

this car leaves me speechless. i applaud mopar's bravado and gumption. amazing. for all the chumps who actually complain about this thing, you gotta be kidding me. and if given the choice, i would go for a charger hellcat. seriously? a four door sedan that'll do over TWO HUNDRED MILES PER HOUR. in total comfort. these are the best of times. let us join now in celebration...
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By MattW

Get them will you can cuz I do believe the writing is in the wall.
Matt

i totally agree with this. there is no way this can go much further before "reset"...

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 08:09 PM

Good news: If I raid my kids college fund and break open a piggybank or two, I can buy one outright.

Bad news: My wife & kids would make me seriously regret having done it before the engine cooled off after the first drive home from the dealership.

Just checked... NOPE, nothing's changed w/ the above assessment. haha
Posted By: Dart451

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 09:56 PM

Just checked... NOPE, nothing's changed w/ the above assessment. haha

Your in a Demon why go home lol

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By maximum entropy
this car leaves me speechless. i applaud mopar's bravado and gumption. amazing. for all the chumps who actually complain about this thing, you gotta be kidding me. and if given the choice, i would go for a charger hellcat. seriously? a four door sedan that'll do over TWO HUNDRED MILES PER HOUR. in total comfort. these are the best of times. let us join now in celebration...

A fender flared Charger is coming - unknown if it'll be packing the Demon motor though.

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 11:10 PM

I'll never own one.. I just wont pay the price
tag.. I couldnt afford it anyhow.. my buddies son
just bought a mustang thats got a blower on it...
a factory stock car.. he took it into a well known
hot rod shop locally and he guarantees it to put
690 to 708hp to the rear tires.. and thats not the
maxed out version of it.. this will still have a
factory warranty
wave

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/13/17 11:14 PM

Tim was asked at the show if will be doing a demon charger....he flat said "NO"
Not sure why put flares on the charger to make a wide body (it's not just a bolt on kit) they can't sell the low production built charger they have
The charger would not have anywhere near the sales it has (not just hellcat) if it was not for police taxi/fleet vehicles

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 12:11 AM

The regular hellcats are getting flares to fit 305's for better traction - I assume that's what it is.

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 05:43 AM

Wonder if the Demon PCM/other goodies (transbrake, torque reserve etc) will work/be put on the Hellcats?
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 11:28 AM

New "muscle cars" give the best of both worlds.

There are only OLD "muscle cars, but ONLY NEW Performance Cars"

No "New Muscle Cars".

But there ARE "Old Performance Cars".

"Muscle Car": Those marketed and/or sold to race orientated buyers, OR the younger/not so wealthy car enthusiast of the era.

"Performance Car"; By today's marketing scheme; jamb as much performance equipment AND also the "luxury" items into it & sell for high $$$. Thus maximizing profit.

Thoughts???
Posted By: poboyengineering

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 11:57 AM

The game has changed.
Today's car buyers insist on power windows, seats, a killer stereo etc. Even the el-cheapo "economy" cars come with a/c and cruise standard.
Look at the selling points for the collector muscle cars. 2 data plates means twice the money because of the options that are now standard equipment.
And regulations play a big part. Think of how fast this thing would be if they could drop all the airbags out and still get it insured. That said, it is an amazing piece of engineering but I wouldn't want to drive one at 140+ on the track without a roll cage!

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 01:59 PM

Wonder if the Demon PCM/other goodies (transbrake, torque reserve etc) will work/be put on the Hellcats?

This is what I'm thinking also.
I'll go a step further. Let's hope the release the 6.2 hellcat reg with trans and a unlocked PCM. Hell I'll take a regular 6.4 with the 8sp trand and ECM for under 10G.
That would send shock waves in the Hot rod business.
Matt
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 03:55 PM

here's another vid. https://youtu.be/N6fc_LZLWfI

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 04:29 PM

The Chevy fan bois seem to be experiencing great butthurt. Good job Dodge! boogie

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
The Chevy fan bois seem to be experiencing great butthurt. Good job Dodge! boogie

About the same as Hellcat owners I'd imagine.

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 09:56 PM

I'd put the Chevy Boyzzzz as taking it harder than Hellcat guys, I'd much rather lose to another Mopar than a GM/Ford
Posted By: racerx

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 10:12 PM

The one in the last video has a roll bar. Are they selling kits for these now?

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 10:24 PM

So the letter from NHRA says it exceeds production limits and refer to section 4 of the rule book. Does anyone have a NHRA Rule book that can post a copy of section 4 ? I am curious as to what pat of the rule it violates. Probably no roll bar, but I am surprised the letter says it exceeds 9.99 and 135 MPH for the reason it is banned.
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 10:48 PM

So the letter from NHRA says it exceeds production limits and refer to section 4 of the rule book. Does anyone have a NHRA Rule book that can post a copy of section 4 ? I am curious as to what pat of the rule it violates. Probably no roll bar, but I am surprised the letter says it exceeds 9.99 and 135 MPH for the reason it is banned.

I think that's the ET and MPH break for when a car requires a roll cage, not just a roll bar, and a driver window net, and probably some other safety equipment not likely to be on the cars when they're driven off the dealers' lots.

Unless there are different rules for the new cars, it's supposed to at least have a rollbar to even be in the 10s.

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/14/17 11:00 PM

There is different rules for new cars, you can go 10.00 as long as you haven't done crazy mods. For example, if you put nitrous on a hell cat it would need to fit the rulebook, but run 10.80s on some sticky tires and you are OK.

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/15/17 12:25 AM

So the way I look at it is if you would put a normal fat (me included) mopar guy in the drivers seat and run the car in the Summer at a non coastal sea-level drag-strip it won't run 9's and it should be legal.

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/15/17 01:01 AM

Things get stricter in the 10's and a lot more once in the 9's. SFI balancer, trans shield, driveshaft loop, roll cage, flexplate & a lot more. I'm happy running low 11's now & haven't needed to look into the added safety rules in more detail.

Re: Challanger Demon - 04/15/17 12:46 PM

I'd put the Chevy Boyzzzz as taking it harder than Hellcat guys, I'd much rather lose to another Mopar than a GM/Ford

I for one have a hellcat. And have zero but hurt feelings over the demon. In fact the opposite. I love the fact dodge built this bad to the bone car. And can't wait to see one in person. My gripe is there won't be more built
© 2024 Moparts Forums