GLORY HALLELUJAH!

Thank you for these replies. I'll answer them separately.

Jay, The extra thrust washer thing would just apply to the rear, right? There were three. Two brass with three anchors and one silver with 4 anchors that went between the planetaries and their mating surfaces. There was also the thin race that goes against the inside of the shell. The only other two are the fiber washers that go between the clutch retainers and between the front retainer and the pump. I could pull the C Clip and go through the planetaries again I guess. I'll try putting this thing on its end first.

PC, thanks for the photo. that's exactly what the spacing between the shell and the front drum look like. I placed both drums together and got them to seat. Pulled them out to see that all the teeth on the rear clutch pack align as do the front.

Booger, I literally laughed outloud at that wheel borrow shot. That's yankee enginuity right there. My tailpiece is already installed but I'll see what I can do about setting that case upright. I did indeed get it all assembled while it was on its side.

JohnRR and John K, I definitely can turn the assembly by hand. I'll get this thing upright tonight and reassemble things and let you know the results.

KEEP CHECKING IN, GUYS! I REALLY APPRECIATE THE GREAT ADVICE!!!!

I’m listening.