Quote:

I have munroes manual , but I get bored reading so I just look at the pictures . One doesn't need to remove it to inspect it.

As far as the $200 mistake , how much is your feet or the car really worth. The $200 is the cheapest way to make the trans safer. In a street car I would put in the super sprag , you won't make it fail so the drum will never over speed , if your were building an 800HP tire shredding monster then the sprag and the drum.

As far as the lube , transtar has nice lube that isn't too expensive.

I clean everything with brake wash , lay out a large white cloth and completely disassemble the valve body , lay ech valve and sping out as they come out of the bores , clean each one individally and clean the entire valve body halves , there will be sludge in it .

Good info, John. It's not a matter of what my feet or car are worth. I'm not quick to replace factory engineered hardware that generally lasts 250k miles with no service especially when the "Bible" on that part says otherwise. Monroe does state something regarding improper assembly and risk of an explosion capable of injury or fatality if the thing binds up. Gotta love it. First everyone says, "it's easy, you can do it" so I dive in and now it's, "oh yeah, and don't create a grenade that will blow your nuts off..."

I’m listening.