Quote:

Maybe I am naive so help me out a little here. What is going to make this new venture at 5, or 5.3" bore space motor a "Mopar", the bellhousing pattern? Someone wanting to put a TF behind a 5" bore space motor out there? Sounds to me more like you are considering developing a new 5/5.3 BS engine platform?!? So I ask again what makes it a Mopar? Maybe I am just missing the point here.

I don't get it either. What market is this going after???? I see that your saying you have no interest in using already cast heads. If it doesn't matter that it looks like a mopar engine. If it is a complete one off, and it doesn't bolt up to mopar mounts or accessorries how is different than any other big inch IHRA type pro stock motor. Just like a Sonnys motor has almost no commonality to a BBC it sounds like this motor will have no commonality to a mopar. Its already clear that a large portion of the mopar crowd doesn't need a motor a like that. I would be willing to bet its because most people don't need something with that level of performance. If your intent is to a build a one off motor that has no resemblence to existing mopar platforms and is not liscensed by mopar, why target a mostly hobbiest level brand loyal website. Sounds like you need to take the mystery engine to PRI and put it up next to Sonnys or other high end builders. Go after the high end crowd that isn't focused on brand loyalty racing. But that isn't going to be an easy feat to jump in the big leagues with them and compete. I wish you luck with whatever your thinking of building.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. www.lightnens.com (Home of the world's fastest Paint Job)