Dan you're making my point. you ask who would be interested in a 5" bore space mopar block, i ask what is it that will make it a "mopar"

i applaud anyone that wants to go through the trouble and expense to bring new parts to market it's a huge undertaking

just for arguments sake if someone were to do what you're asking about how would it be marketed? i assume you're wanting to call it a mopar 5" bore space block. what "mopar" style heads are going to fit on it?

there's no need to keep on with the purple shaft thing as you already mentioned even the current "mopar" dimension blocks, heads etc. aren't mopar so i still don't understand what it is that's going to set this apart to be called a mopar. having said that the current blocks available pretty much share the same dimensions, layout and appearance as the originals

once you get into most of the big stuff it shares little if anything with factory offerings and imho just because they paste a PN or name on it doesn't make it a factory part

i'm not trying to dissuade anyone from their efforts but if people really want to run at that level the market is already pretty saturated with proven designs and components

to bring out a new platform, call it a mopar and be offended because there isn't a great interest then claim it's because the "mopar" crowd doesn't want to advance just doesn't make sense imho

the majority of the mopar crowd is content to stay with factory style components and performance. this doesn't make them inferior just different. i run chryslers to be different and as far as i can ever see myself going is a KB block and B1 heads or the like. these i personally feel can be loosely considered chrysler because of dimensions etc. if i were to want to go faster it would only make sense to go with one of the already available engine designs

lets be honest in it's as designed form (except hemi) the bb chrysler (especially heads) is behind the as designed engines of other manufactures

believe me as i again say i applaud entrepreneurial spirit but to blame a failure on lack of market is not the responsibility of the market but the businessman

i guess it's just a matter of opinion and they vary greatly