Quote:

Quote:

I wish our hobby would embrace more items like this.

We had a 5" bore space 738" motor for sale for like mmmmm 5 years before it sold at a discounted price to a NSS racer....

That doesn't surprise me in the least. The big inch motors fit into a more specialized arena, so to speak.

As far as having plain old cast Mopar blocks to bolt parts on, you already have that. You can buy Indy blocks all day long. once you fix any machining errors you're good to go. They'll handle 1500-2000 HP, what more do you want?
I'm not sure why some people thing casting blocks is such an easy and inexpensive thing to do, because it's not. Just look at how many have tried and failed. One thing is for sure, I'm never going to go down that pothole filled road.

casting an engine whether it be iron or aluminum is expensive, not so much the molten material but in the amount of man hours and materials/equipment to build the core box's to cast them in, as far as a block of billet aluminum to machine a block, that by far isn't cheap either, then you have many man hours to make a program and one decmal point off with in that program and you could very easily have a big block of scrap and a pile of chips.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.