Quote:

I realize most people here are bracket racers and have no interest in actually competing in the faster classes whether it be for fear or money limitations.

honestly Dan what are you going to come up with that can be called a "mopar" just as others have mentioned at this level calling it anything but an engine is a stretch.

i commend anyone for "thinking" about the mopar crowd but the fact is it's a very limited market, there's a reason others have/are bailing out

Quote:

I'm not interested in using a big chief, "99" heads, Thor or any of the current offerings for cylinder heads.

so what would you use and call it a mopar? for the most part none of the current head offerings used in the fast classes (with the exception of blown hemi) from anyone has any relation to passenger car heads. the "hemi" 99 isn't a hemi (not that i care) nor are any of the heads being used on the fast "chevys"

believe me i'd like to be able to look at a big engine and call it a mopar but lets be honest at that level it's just an engine and putting a "mopar" type head on it is only going to strangle the performance potential

if it's down to distributor location (many use front drive) or bellhousing pattern i guess it's a matter of opinion as to it being chevy, mopar or ford