I agree it would be better if they had taken the project to a higher level, & I agree in the case of restoration parts not getting the final details right is a deal breaker and poisons the market for another vendor to offer a superior product.... But this steering box isn't aimed at a resto project, it's aimed at someone that wants performance... I haven't seen make performance parts that truly are bolt on, you need to modify.... Borgeson has their roots in Hotrods not restorations, I don't see them making a coupler, though I've certainly been wrong before... They have the equipment & skills to do it. A fairly simple CAD program, a block of steel & a trip to a heat treater & they could make a short run to see if the demand truly is there....

FWIW my point is swapping just the lower shaft of a collapsing column isn't difficult & since your cutting it anyway the original application of the lower shaft isn't critical....

"The Armies of our ancestors were lucky, in that they were not trailed by a second army of pencil pushers."