Quote:

I'm not so sure the market is all that limitted, in fact I think it's a good sized niche they could fill if they went about offering a COMPLETE product along with the right marketing effort to raise awareness.

I dunno. Mopar buyers are automatically at a 4:1 disadvantage compared to Chevy or Ford potential sales market. Once you can actually penetrate the mopar market, it is populated predominately of drag racing and restoration activities. This box is heavier than drag racers want and it is no where near correct for the resto crowd.

It took how many years of prodding to have this forum spun off from moparts general menu? Despite that, there are still only 37 members who have logged their combinations and I know four of those are mine. Compare that to the e.t. bracket list of fastest cars on moparts with hundreds of entries, and you could say we are a niche of the niche of the niche. Handling mopars are a very, very, small segment of the market.

They are so small in fact, that the Goodguys organization jokes about creating a bounty for mopars to show up at their autocross events because the turn out is so small. To put that in to a perspective, a vendor will sell 16 boxes to other guys for every one mopar box that is sold. Sure, maybe they could sell one additional unit if it was completely engineered as a turn key deal, but again, they don't seem to be pursuing that market segment. IMO, this is more of a situation where they look at fitting mopars as a by product of their production, not a target of the production, therefore they see no value in engineering additional components to reach one additional sale for every 16 they make with practically no effort.

Borgeson reps feel free to dissect this view and prove me wrong by providing market research numbers. If you're doing product planning, you will have these numbers.