Quote:

Quote:

I am hoping to work on the car tomorrow, at least for a little while.
I am going to take the glove box out again (and leave it out) so I can have easier access to the ECU for testing.

Mopar man, can you explain more about your theory of the ignition switch being worn out? With the replacement of the switch, what exactly would be worn?
The key goes in the cylinder and all that does is allow it to move the switch into the various positions, right?
Or am I missing something?

Monc, I never said the ignition switch would be worn out . I was wondering about the housing . I am not sure of the configuration , did you replace the whole unit including the cylinder and keys ? Even if you replaced the switch and never replaced the rest of the ignition it may be possible that the key could be turning the switch beyond the contacts that energize the ECM. I really don't know if thats possible but at this point most of us are just grasping for straws.
This engine should be running long ago .
How about twisting the key very slowly and don't twist all the way, just enough for the starter to engage and see what happens. It just may be that your twisting beyond the starter contacts .

I was just trying to understand where these contacts are so I can check them. I did not replace the lock cylinder , only the ignition switch.
I will try your suggestion though, easy enough to do.