no...not clear enuf instructions

I don't want you to disconnect the car battery.

I want you to use the second battery to power the coil and ignition module....In other words, I am trying eliminate any voltage drop by simply bypassing the starter circuit with the second battery.

here is the way the circuit works if I am reading the diagram correctly. When you turn the key to Start, power should be sent thru the brown wire to the end of the ballast resistor. From that point, it should go straight to the coil. Now the power should also go thru the ballast resistor and out the other end to the ignition box.

I wanted to use the second battery to connect to the end of the ballast where the brown wire connects by connecting a wire from the second battery plus to the end of the ballast where the brown wire connects. And provide a ground from the second battery to the engine, original battery, sheet metal, or something that is a good ground to complete the power circuit to the ballast/coil/ignition box.

Then I made it more confusing by saying it would be nice to remove the brown wire completely from the ballast to completely remove the factory circuit from the ignition so it could not be affected by anything coming from the key....this should not really be required.

I also mentioned you could leave the ballast bypassed for this test to eliminate it as a potential problem.

When connected up, then use the key and the car battery to crank from...don't remove it

In the end, we would have the starter powered by the original battery and the ignition powered by the second battery...does that make sense:)

Steve