451mopar is where we were a week or so ago. This should be a simple thing to find.

We keep worrying about the ignition switch, the bulkhead connector, etc., but that was eliminated by the jumpers from the battery if they were connected as we asked.

I asked him a few posts up to take some voltages off the battery while cranking it to try to demonstrate that problem was in that area even tho we should have shown that with the jumper tests.

I was also trying to determine if the problem was on the plus side, or the negative side, of the battery. A bad ground connection will do the same as a a bad positive connection.

Long ago, I had asked to power the ignition box/coil off a separate battery to show it would then start if nothing was pulling the ignition voltage down. This was not done to my knowledge, but, really, the first thing to find out what is causing the big drop.

I had originally guessed a bad battery, a bad connection, or a starter that was pulling way too much current. Given the size of the voltage drop and the fact that the starter is spinning, I would probably guess one of the latter two, but, a few tests should find the answer.

Sometimes these things are really confusing and it takes a logical approach to try to zero in on the actual problem-old cars where every thing should be suspect do not make it easier.:)

Steve