Quote:

Monc, is there anyone on here who who lives close to give you a hand? I know it is a pain to trouble shoot this problem. I'm an electrical engineer and it took me quite some time to figure out the problem when it happened on my '68 dodge truck. On my truck, it would start when cold, but when warn it did the only starts after releasing the key thing. The difference is heat increases the resistance of the battery cables so I was loosing more voltage through the cables with the warmed up engine.
One trick I tried, that helped a little (before I found out I had a bad ground battery cable) was to install a diode across the ballast resistor, to reduce the voltage drop at the ballast resistor (going back to the ECU) when cranking the engine.

In your case, have you tried a known good battery, the battery voltages seem a bit low?

I jumped the ballast resistor ( I think this accomplishes the same thing, no? and it did not change the issue) .

I switched batteries, and that didn't make a difference, but then the original was at least 5 years old, so I decided to buy a new one.

No change.

I did have a friend come by and help for a while and after he read the replies ,he is at a loss as well.