Quote:

Well, I guess that I think that "bending the rules" to beat someone is one thing....but deliberately throwing a race is different.

That's just the way I see it.

By the way, Jack's SuperBird is still in existence. He's tried to buy it back, but the guy wants a fortune for it.

Steve Kanuika had a number of speed shops in the Philly-NJ area. Your dad's pic could have been taken at Maple Grove, Atco, Englishtown, or any number of the drag strips in that area. Some of them are no longer around.

You're not serious Steve. A few posts back, you were ranting about the integrity of the sport and all this other stuff, but a Superbird with a big motor and a filled wing is just "bending the rules" a little and Force possibly throwing a race to get a team car in the chase is "cheating" and killing the sport. That seems pretty hypocritical to me. Or is the Superbird incident OK, because it was done by a Mopar legend, Jack Werst. What about that book that was written about all the cheating that was done by the Mopar roundy round teams back in the day, or were they just "bending the rules a little" as well. A purposely BIG motor and illegal ballast is dead up "cheating" and we all know it, but I guess it was different in the old days, huh.

Monte